2 · shrimp energy

The right side of my spine hurt but it was outdone by the throbbing pain in my brain

The right side of my spine hurt but it was outdone by the throbbing pain in my brain. Shit, where was Tina? The first stage to waking up meant flattering the eyelids open, but it proved more difficult than spreading butter on a piece of bread, considering my eyes were sticky and the ache in my head seemed to intensify every time I tried to move a limb.

I sat up, before rubbing my eyes with my knuckles, turning around. I was in the bedroom, tucked under the sheets, and changed into my favorite silk pajamas. What had happened the day before? I remembered the part when Tina paid me a visit and we chatted some more. I also clearly remembered consuming an overdosing amount of alcohol and that I slapped Tina.

Oh, god, had I actually done that? It couldn't be that either since I could've known had I done that. Shit, Tina must be pissed as fuck right then. I needed to text her as soon as possible.

I searched for my phone and it wasn't under the pillow nor was it in the upper nightstand drawer. Where I could've put it though? It was connected to the charger in the living room yesterday.

I glanced out the window and found the sun wasn't arose yet. From the way the sky was colored a lighter orange shade, I assumed it could be no more than five thirty. I'd get out of bed later when the sky was a little brighter and when my headache decreased even in a small portion.

The other side of my bed was empty as usual. I was close to falling asleep when I heard footfalls. I opened my eyes and I saw Daniel come in with a glass and he was in his doctor's coat. His hair was disheveled and as he sat on his side of the bed, I noticed his eyes were dull and exhausted, almost lifeless and withdrawn.

"What happen-"

He shushed me off immediately. "Look, I'm tired. I don't want to argue anymore," his voice was hoarse, rough at the edges.

"Just take some aspirin and go back to sleep, okay? I'll have breakfast ready soon."

He brought my hand and dumped the pills into my palm before offering me the glass. He wouldn't look me in the eyes and didn't even call me babe.

Clearly, he was pissed. But for what? Because of my excessive drinking? I remembered promising to not get wasted again when I'd thrown up on him last New Year, and he'd agreed to let me drink without reaching my limits, of course. He was too good to me, so I'd even decided to stay abstinence for around three months and become a responsible girlfriend-talk about failure.

After all, he was the one making meals, he'd never failed to prepare breakfast for me before he left for work, that was, if he didn't have night duty, and paying the bills while I did minor tasks like laundry and vacuuming.

I gulped the pills down and set the glass on the nightstand. Feeling a tad bit cold, I pulled the covers over my chest, then, I looked back at him taking off his doctor coat before putting it on the dress hanger.