16 · sink

BY REASON OF THE EXCEEDING SPEED LIMIT at which he drove, it was no brainer that we reached his one-story Tudor house in less than ten minutes

He opened the automated iron gates via an app on his phone, and we pulled up to his circular driveway before parking just outside the house where a few shrubs lay nearby.

When Dominic opened the door for me to exit the car, wind swept my hair into my face, and I tucked a few rebellious strands behind my ear.

I'd barely put on my top earlier, forgoing my cardigan in his car, so it was a wonder I hadn't shivered from the stiff, cold air.

Winter was fast approaching and an invisible cloak of mist hung in the atmosphere, prickling my bare arms.

Dominic rounded the corner to grab the grocery items. And I followed after him.

When I peeked a look at his house, the view kept me frozen in my spot, utterly enamored by it.

The house was painted white, its roof made from bricks and a chimney sprouted from the right side of it. Solid wood surrounded the front entry door made from glass. I spotted a set of narrow Lattice windows at the other side of the house.

Beside it, a broad window pane, which took up most space of the protruding wall, revealed a stairwell through half-drawn curtains.

Even if he'd struck me as a 'mid-century modern' guy, but this was a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

I offered to help him carry, but he only shook his head and ushered me inside.

The flooring was pure parquet. There was a hanger by the stairwell opposing the door, hanging a coat and a black umbrella in an umbrella stand.

"Welcome to my home." Dominic veered right to walk into his kitchen.

I followed him, my sandals slapping against the floor.

A long island divided a table and the stoves. He placed all the stuff onto the counter and opened the fridge to get us water.

"Thirsty?"

"Yes."

My eyes dropped to his crotch where an obvious outline of his boner strained against his sweatpants. A subtle smile graced his lips, a small laugh filling the quiet kitchen space.

"Don't worry about it."

I emptied the glass and set it on the counter. I let out a small yelp when he stepped forward, trapping me between his heated body and the counter.

Then, he craned his head, leaning his face closer to kiss me, arms caging me in place. I leaned my hands behind, rising to my tiptoes to kiss him.

The kiss was slow and tender at first which became eager and demanding as seconds passed by, yet, the same sense of longing lingered.