The key (1/3)

Tony patted me on the shoulder. "So I know you are the new one and what I am asking you is not an easy task, but ..."
"I can do it", I said confidently. Tony looked at me and I gave him a reassuring smile.
"Just be careful. He is called silver-tongue after all."
"And I am an Avenger. A new one, yes, but you didnt get me to join the team for nothing, right?" I took a few steps towards the door. "I will go now."
Tony nodded. "Say when you brought him back to his cell."
"Of course." I smiled again and walked into the interrogation room.
Like Tony said, Loki sat in the middle of the room, chained up and his hands behind his back. His head went up and he looked at me with shimmering eyes.
"Ah, its you", Loki said.
"Yes", I responded.
"The new one."
I closed the door behind me and tilted my head. I wasn't sure if that was just an assessment or an insult. His eyes were really darting though ... something in my guts moved. I knitted my brows and shook that feeling off. Didn't need that in my first interrogation as an Avenger.
"So ...", I said, while pulling a stool on front of him and sitting down, "why did you attack our basement? What did you hope to find?"
Loki smirked. "That is all the Avengers had to offer? A scared girl trying to interview me?"
"I am a woman", I hissed. "And I am interrogating you."
Loki looked pleased with himself. He chuckled. "Go on then."
I swallowed my anger. I would not get distracted by his eyes, his almost wavy black hair and his tight leather outfit ...
Loki raised a brow.
I stood up and walked behind him. "You ... will tell me what you wanted here." I smiled. I could do this. "What you searched. Whatever your desire was." My finger slid over his shoulder, enough pressure for him to feel through the leather.
He said nothing, but his face seemed to change a bit. "Desire?", Loki asked.
Was his voice a little deeper? And were there butterflies in my stomach? I couldn't help but notice the goose bumps tingling down my spine. "Yes", I said. I bend over and put my head over his shoulder. "Tell me."
Loki turned his head a bit and our cheeks touched for a moment. He felt pleasantly cold. I heard our breathing as we both waited at what happened next.
After a way too long second I pulled my head back. Damn it, he was supposed to feel like that! Not me! Or were we both feeling it?
"So, what was your question again?", he asked.
I smiled a little. "You have trouble to remember?"
"No", he said and his eyes went darker as he got angry. "Why do the Avengers keep you anyway? There is nothing special about you. What are you? The maid?"
My smile ended abruptly. But it came back soon. "I am a demigod." Lokis head jerked up. "Oh. Of whom?"
I looked away. "My mother is not known. I had a few ... childhood issues because of it. My dad were never really there for me too."
Loki looked at the ground. I could see him thinking a lot. He glanced at me and looked away again. "I ... can relate to that."
"Tony said I might be a greek demigod!", I blurted out.
"Greek?!", Loki asked. His face was a mix of different levels of confusion. "Tell me."