The trumpet (1/2)

I looked over the cereal bowl I was eating at Loki, who was just sitting down with his own at the other side of the table. I smiled at him and put another spoon of breakfast into my mouth.
"Morning", he said and smirked.
My stomach did a backflip. "Morning", I mumbled back through the cereal I was eating.
"Did you sleep well?", he asked.
I nodded. "Yeah, I dreamed of -"
But a weird sound cut through my sentence. Loki and I looked at each other. Another one of the weird noises resounded through the Tower and we frowned.
"This sounds like a dying whale", I said appalled.
"Or a dying cat", Loki said.
We stood up simultaniously and went into the corridor. The noise seemed to come from downstairs. We followed the hallway and Natasha joined us from her bedroom, still in pyjamas.
"What the hell is that?", she asked.
"I don't know, we are about to find out", I responded.
We went down the stairs and found Thor at the gym room.
"What the heck is that noise?", Natasha asked him.
"I was about to ask you that!", Thor said. "I think it comes from one floor below."
We all went back into the stairwell and the noise got louder as we stepped down. The dying cat now seemed to fight the dying whale. At least it sounded like it. Suddenly, Thor stopped.
"Oh no. This sounds like the one morning you ...", he said and looked at his brother.
Loki stopped too and seemed puzzled for a moment. "What do you mean?"
"Oh no no no, what did Tony buy yesterday?", Thor mumbled and hared down the stairs.
We all followed him.
"What is it?", Nat asked him in haste.
He said nothing, so we just went into the direction where the noises came from. They were the loudest in front of Tony's room.
"Stark!", Natasha yelled and pounded at the door. She almost broke it down and as we stumbled into the room, she called: "What the hell -"
Tony looked at us, perfectly dressed at this Saturday morning, holding a trumpet in his hands.
"Oh no", Thor said.
I made a terrified face.
Loki looked at Tony and started to laugh.
"A trumpet?", Natasha asked.
Just as to prove that, Tony looked at her and blew in the trumpet to elecit another one of these horrifying sounds.
Another person screamed from the hallway. "Tony! What are you doing? It is eight in the morning, what on earth is that sound, it sounds like a dying elephant, what -" Bruce bolted into the room. "A trumpet?!", he screeched.
Thor, me and Natasha looked devastated by now, and Loki was almost on the floor from laughing.
Meanwhile, Steve leaned at the door frame, an apple in his hands. "Come on, what did you expect? It's -"
"That's his line!", I interrupted him and pointed to Loki, who just calmed himself and now broke out laughing again.
Steve took a bite from his apple and looked amused. "Of course Tony would wake us up like this. Haven't you noticed? It's april fools day."
"Oh no", Natasha whispered.
"Oh no!", Thor said.
"Oh no!", I exclaimed with a look at Loki who smiled evily at me. And of course my stomach made a backflip again.