The trumpet (2/2)

After a while we went up the stairs back to our morning activities. Thor went back into the gym room and Natasha followed me and Loki back into the kitchen. Tony continued to play his new trumpet.
"It's like he wants to make sure that nobody can go back to sleep", Natasha growled.
"April fools day, huh?", Loki asked mischievously.
I bit on my lip. "Yeah, and I would be glad if the god of mischief wouldn't turn my day into a catastrophe. I was looking forward to get some work done."
"Let's see", Loki grinned. "Maybe I have mercy on you."
This sentence caused a lot of different emotions in me. His grin made me feel tingly, the thought of him having mercy on me made me feel hopeful and in love, and the certainty of him never having mercy on anyone including me made me ... lets just say, it was kind of hot.
"Did you just blush?", he asked with a look at my cheeks.
"I blushed?!", I responded terrified.
He chuckled. "No, but now I have my first april prank."
"Congratulations", I grumbled.
We arrived in the kitchen and sat down while Natasha made herself coffee. I looked to the counter and noticed that with a hint of green magic the salt and sugar shaker were interchanged.
I opened my mouth to say something, but Loki threw a warning glance at me and I shut it again. We both watched Natasha pouring salt into her coffee, drinking it and spitting it out immediatly.
"Loki! I already had a bad morning! Do you really want to face me when I didn't have my coffee?"
Loki just laughed. "I would love to see you try."
"Oh, I want to remind you that I already tricked you, Laufeyson. Back in earlier times." Natasha smiled evily and leaned against the counter.
Loki ate a spoon of his cereal and snapped his fingers. Now the word 'Know-it-all' was written on her forehead.
Natasha screwed up her eyes. "What did you do now?"
Loki smiled and shrugged.
Nat turned to me. "(Y/n), what did he do?"
I looked from her to Loki and back to her. "Um ... maybe you can figure it out in the bathroom."
Natasha threw another suspecting glance at me and went out.
I looked after her, and when I turned to Loki again, he was gone. I wasn't incredibly surprised because he always teleported to where he wanted, but it was a little abrupt.
I shrugged and finished my cereal. While I stood up I noticed the trumpet playing had stopped. "Finally", I mumbled while placing my bowl on the counter and walking out the door.
As soon as I passed the doorframe, a dark figure jumped out of nowhere and played the trumpet right next to my ear.
"Aargh!", I screeched. "What the heck, Tony?!"
But the laughing that followed wasn't Tony's. I turned around just to see Loki standing there, the trumpet in his hands.
I positioned my arms at my sides. Of course I would never be able to be angry at him, but I didn't need to show that.
"Loki!", I exclaimed.
He giggled and moved his fingers over the valves of the trumpet. "You know, Thor reminded me of something this morning. One time we were little, I woke him up with this sort of instrument. And since then ... let's just say, I am a huge fan of this thing."
"Oh, you can actually play it?", I asked curiously.
Loki set the trumpet on his lips and produced one of the most beautiful sounds I ever heard out of a trumpet.
"Wow", I said. Of course Loki would be able to play one of the loudest, most annoying and funny instruments.
Loki grinned and charmed a rather horrible sound out of the trumpet.
"Argh!", I said again and covered my ears. I fled to my room while Loki followed me. I didn't know how he did it, but he let the trumpet sound like nails on chalkboard.
I closed the door to my room and took a deep breath. This april fools day would go absolutely great.
And I was right - the whole day Loki jumped out of numerous corners playing the trumpet to scare every Avenger in reach, to not talk about his other pranks. Everyone was deadly annoyed, and it went to the point that Tony chased him down the hallway screaming: "Give me back my trumpet!"
As soon as Loki went to bed, the Avengers gathered in the now dark kitchen.
"We have to do something", Natasha hissed over the candle we had lit.
"I couldn't get a single piece of work done today", I agreed.
Tony nodded. "I know something. I will invent a thing and buy a few other things tonight, and I need all of you in front of Loki's room tomorrow, six o'clock."
And with that sentence, we put our heads together and discussed the plan.

The next morning, we all met Tony in front of Loki's room. The door already stood ajar and Tony put a finger on his lips while he handed us our instruments. I got a little drum with two drumsticks, he himself obviously had the trumpet.
We snuck into Loki's room, he slept calmly, his hair scattered on the pillow. If it were blond, he would almost look as peaceful as an angel.
Tony lightly threw his invention of last night onto the bed. It didn't make a noise nor did it left an impression on the blanket, all it did was wrapping Loki into a sushi roll and chaining him to the bed.
He didn't wake up.
"Okay, now", Steve whispered.
Bruce opened the curtains to let the sunlight in, I held my drumsticks tighter.
"Iiiin the juuungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeeeps tonight", Tony sang.
As soon as the others came in with the 'o wimoweh', I started to play the drums in time to the music.
"Iiin the juuungle, the quiet jungle, the lion sleeps tonight", Tony continued.
I noticed he sang a lower octave while Steve made the high notes in the exact original version. I smiled and played my drum more confident.
Loki's eyes fluttered open. "What -?", he said and tried to move. But Tony's invention kept him still. "What are you -"
"AUIIIII", Steve and Natasha started the refrain.
Loki struggled. "Set me free! What are you doing?"
"Revenge!", I answered, grinning from ear to ear.
Natasha, Bruce and me continued with the 'o wimoweh' while we started to walk around the bed. Loki's fault, he had decided to place it in the middle of his room.
"Near the village, the peaceful village, the lion sleeps tonight", Thor took over Tony's lead voice. I noticed that his deep voice sounded actually good while singing.
"I - don't - sleep - anymore!", Loki protested while struggling harder. "Stop! Brother, I dare you!"
Thor poked him with his umbrella in response.
"AUIIIIII", Steve began with the second refrain.
We all started to laugh sooner or later so that it was hard to keep singing until Tony got his trumpet solo. But when we got there, it resounded in all its awfulness. It was hard to bear but the hardest for Loki.
He fought with his bonds. "Stark! STOP! THIS IS HUMILIATING. YOU ARE SO DEAD!"
But we didn't until the song was finished. Everybody was out of breath but satisfied.
"That was pretty good", Steve said, not paying attention to the ranting Loki in the middle of us.
"Yeah, we should repeat that", Natasha said.
"Should we free him now?", I asked and looked at Loki undecidedly.
"Do we have to?", Tony said.
"Wait 'til he cooled down", Thor said.
"You have to understand you deserved that", I informed Loki almost apologetically.
"Oh, don't worry", he replied with an evil grin. "I am already planning my revenge."