ii.

(warning; swearing)

Tonight came, (__) had tucked themself in a blanket and brought a bowl of ice cream into the living room to eat. They squinted their eyes, trying to block away from the immense brightness of the TV.

They blankly watched the weather reporter smile warmly at the camera as he continued informing about the low temperature of the weather dropping tomorrow. Then suddenly their phone ringed again.

(__) knew it was Juyoung calling them again, so they picked up the phone without further hesitation. "Hello?" They answered.

"Hey, bitch!" Juyoung was still her usual happiest self. "So remember H-"

"Hwiyoung again?" (__) cut her off.

Juyoung nodded, "Yes! I just found out he lives 10 minutes away from my hometown, should I go visit him?" She asked. They sheepishly shrugged in return, "I'm not exactly sure if you want to visit him."

"He's a really nice guy, (__), he offered me to eat noodles with him when I was feeling down." Juyoung beamed at her small memories with the boy, which (__) chuckled at.

Maybe Hwiyoung wasn't that bad. After all, Juyoung did claim he's good and doing the bare minimum. Not to mention that he was treating her as a normal person back at Busan. It warmed their heart thinking about the thought.

"What are you laughing about," Juyoung grumbled, making them burst out of laughter more.

"Nothing, it's just that you're sometimes hilarious while blabbering about Hwiyoung. But he does sound like a nice person," (__) remarked. The girl rolled her eyes but joined in the laugh anyways.

"Yeah, he is. What's up?" She asked.

"The sky?" They responded, holding in their laughter.

"Honestly, what the fuck? I asked what's up about your life, not the fucking sky. You're not being funny nor hilarious (__)." She furrowed.

"I'm only kidding! No need to get aggressive."

Juyoung and (__) talked on the phone for approximately 2 hours now, and needless to say, they had a few laughs with each other. Even if the conversation was awkward or stupid.

They would tell the other person about anything they had in mind right now, and (__) recently found out Juyoung played Minecraft on Roblox as an alternative despite being low on money.

"I'm telling you! Minecraft costs like 30,000₩ here. My parents couldn't even afford it!" She pouted her shoulders.

(__) shrugged, "Well, you can immigrate overseas to California. At least I'll have accompany back here and you can play Minecraft on my computer."

"Have you forgotten yet? I'm still seventeen. I don't have money in my pocket and I can't legally travel internationally until my 18th birthday." Juyoung groaned and picked up a snowglobe, rotating it with her fingers as white sprinkles or "snow" flew down on the glass.

"You still kept the snowglobe," (__) pointed out, smiling, "Thought you would've accidentally broken that at some point."

"I'm a professional on taking care of things," She boasted proudly. They hummed an 'mhm' in return for her doubtful statement, reminiscing a small memory.

"Okay Miss professional on taking care of things, remember Jubilee Line?"

"What? You mean the Jubilee underground line around East London?" Juyoung said and (__) nodded.

Just like every other life, a simple story between two people started when one crossed paths with the other in the busy subway station of Stanmore.

24th June 2017】

They walked up the stairs and had their head down on a map, they were headed to where Stanmore station was located at. (__) was travelling to visit their grandmother, who was unfortunately diagnosed with cancer.

Suddenly, they heard sounds of things falling and whipped their head to see where it came from. In the corner of their eye, they spotted a girl struggling to collect her binders and papers scattered on the floor. She seemed panicked about dropping her stuff, (__) felt pity watching as she collected them by herself.

Being an average human being, they walked up to where the young girl was and began helping her. "Here," They gave the girl the bookbinders, smiling at her warmly. "Don't drop them next time okay?"

"T-Thank you." The girl shyly replied in a strong accent, which made it slightly difficult for (__) to understand what she was saying. They assumed she was from a non-English speaking country.

"Where are your parents?" (__) calmly asked, trying their best not to scare her.

"Um.." The girl paused, "I don't k-know where they are.." Her body posture looked timid so they took it as a sign she was uncomfortable and stepped away from her space a little.

"I won't hurt you, kid. How old are you?"

"Fi-fifteen." She replied sheepishly.

"Oh," (__) paused, "You look quite younger to be fifteen. But let's go find your parents, they might be worried for you."

They managed to reconnect on the internet one year later when the girl had (__)'s video recommended on her YouTube homepage. Thus, an online friendship started between them.

"I remembered that you dropped your stuff way back at the subway station and looked scared." (__) reminisced, earning a scoff from Juyoung.

"I wasn't a professional at taking care of things that time, okay? And I was freaking out over something. I don't remember what it was."

Juyoung paused, and a small smile quirked on her lips, "I'm grateful that you came to help and we got to reconnect through YouTube, otherwise I might still have the same lonely life."

(__) softened their expression, "I feel you being lonely. But at least we're friends now right? Contacting miles away."

Juyoung smiled more, "Thanks, bitch."

"No problem."