i.

(warning; swearing)

(__) trudged their way to the living room, holding a phone as they threw it onto the couch and collapsed on it exhaustedly.

Many cars passed through their busy neighbourhood which was easier for (__) to walk alone at night with groceries, despite being paranoid about getting kidnapped. They lifted their head and watched the cars swiftly past by their house.

It didn't help battle their exhaustion whatsoever, (__) had found it entertaining for a short time before resting their head on the couch again. They laid there for a while, blank on thoughts.

(__) didn't know what to do, so they decided to nap to regain their energy again. They closed their eyes and repositioned themself in a comfortable position, letting out a sound of "mmnh" softly.

Suddenly, their phone vibrated which made (__) frown in annoyance and sat up. They wished they could've skipped the phone call and remind the caller to call later, but they didn't want to seem rude.

(__) answered the phone, rubbing their eyebrows. "Hello?" They said tiredly.

"Hey bitch!" A cheery voice murmured happily on the other side. (__) sighed, realizing it was just Juyoung and herself.

She sounded more cheerful than the usual days, so (__) assumed it was probably about the Hwiyoung boy again.

"I'm assuming it's about Hwiyoung again?" They raised their brow, preparing to fight through her blabbering torture again.

Juyoung giggled, "Yes! This morning, he helped me solve a math question I was struggling with, and then offered to study at the café tomorrow! EEK!" They could hear her punching in the air excitedly as if she was finally rewarded with positive luck.

"Well, that's nice to hear. Have you asked him out yet?" They asked, covering their irritant tone with a sweet, soft one.

"No, but I'm willing to!" Answered Juyoung with determination in her voice. (__) couldn't admit, they liked how she calls up on them every night to check in and keep them company. But hearing Juyoung blabber about Hwiyoung on some occasions is tiring sometimes.

"How are you doing, by the way, my bitchy friend?" She questioned genuinely, curious to know how they were doing.

(__) glanced at the open-curtained window, "I'm a bit exhausted from carrying groceries, but I'm alright. My hands are still hurting though."

"Oh, sorry for calling you at the wrong time!" Juyoung apologized profusely and (__) could hear her mumbling to herself about reconsidering their feelings. "I didn't know you were doing super bad, I'm so sorry for calling you in this hour-"

"Juyoung.", Their stern tone made the Korean girl stop from speaking. "I'm perfectly fine and doing good, there's no need to apologize. I enjoy your company much and you should know that." They reassured, managing to calm Juyoung down.

"I'm- thankful to hear that. Sorry for overreacting." Juyoung's voice softened and took a deep breath, exhaling.

"It's fine. How is it in Korea?" (__) asked, leaning their back on the couch.

"Well, school is still stressful and shit. I've been bombarded stacks of homework lately." Juyoung said, sighing deeply. "Our school's director died today, so I'm hoping the new one would change the education system."

"Oh, what happened to them?" (__) asked again, eager to know.

"He died from cancer last night, so yeah I guess," Juyoung told them, her shrug visible in her tone.

(__) hummed, nodding thoughtfully, "Well, I hope you're doing good there in Busan, kid. Remember to drink water and eat food okay? I'll be off now."

"Oh, okay then. Bye! And I'm not a kid, bitch!" Juyoung grumbled half-sarcastically which left (__) laughing before hanging up on the call. They genuinely hoped she was doing fine there, knowing about the fact Korean schools were devastating.

They laid back down on the couch, thinking about Juyoung's words before falling asleep eventually.