v.

edited on 28th June/10:53AM.
(warning; swearing, venting)

(__) collapsed on their bed and spread their arms out tiredly, staring at the ceiling with a blank look on their face.

Everything was boring to be exact, they didn't feel like doing anything. They could binge-watch Niki or Tommy's videos to kill time, but (__) was more eager to call up Juyoung to talk about the Techno guy. And to check up on her.

Speak of the devil itself, she had ringed them in.

(__) felt sincerely happy that the girl would call them every night to chitchat about what's going on in their lives and what's interesting today. Juyoung was a great friend and was also a considerate gal too, despite having a swearing habit like Tommy.

They answered the phone without further hesitation, "Hello Ju."

"Hey," Replied Juyoung, the usual happiness in her voice was slightly fading.

The room was dark, the bright macaroon hues coming from the lamplight was the only thing that was saving her from it. Juyoung plastered a dull expression on her face as she continued to stare at a piece of sheet, head resting on her hand.

"Juyoung? Kid?" (__) nonchalantly spoke, "Are you alright?"

It's not every day (__) notices their best friend at her worst, it was peculiarly strange for them to see. Whatever it was, it had affected Juyoung and (__) couldn't help but grow concerned tor her.

"Yeah, I am- I- I guess," She shrugged her shoulders, refusing to make eye contact with them at all.

"Hey, there's no need to hide your feelings from me. Take a deep breath- and tell me what's wrong," (__) reassured.

"No."

"Please?"

Juyoung took a deep breath and shook her head slowly, "I don't know how to explain this, okay? I'm- feeling nervous lately about CSAT exams. Yeah, that." She elaborated.

"I'm-.. scared," Her breathing hitched, "I want to become a lawyer but I can't handle all this homework and strict parents. I know there are other ways for me to apply for university but my parents keep insisting I get A+ on the CSAT exam, and it's fucking hard as hell. Why is getting into a university so damn hard?"

"I wish everything in life isn't so stressful," Juyoung ranted, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. She tried her hardest not to break down as she bit her lip harshly, "I just.. wanna take a break for once."

"If I fail.. my whole life will be over and-.. and I'll never get my dream job."

(__) wanted to hug Juyoung and reassure her everything will be alright, at least it's what they hoped for. It hurt seeing her crying and depend on a paper that determines her future.

"Hey, it's okay. It's fine, grab a tissue alright?" (__) whispered in a soft-spoken, calming voice.

The girl obliged and wiped her now flowing tears with the tissue she held, disposing of it afterwards.

"Breathe in for a count of seven," They murmured reassuringly. Juyoung nodded without a word and started to breathe in, "Breathe out for a count of eleven," Added in (__) at the last bit as she exhaled.

"Everything will be alright, okay? Don't dwell too much on that piece of paper, it's unhealthy."

"I don't know," Juyoung started, "What if I fail? Am I going to die?"