xiv. BOILING POINT

xiv. BOILING POINT

✢ ✢ ✢

        The storm raging outside of Stiles' jeep sent them swerving atop of the road, one of the worst to hit this town. It was creating floods through various counties, and driving out in this was practically a death wish. It didn't matter, though, they needed to get to Cora, seeing as though Jennifer was the only one who could save her at this point.

        From her seat in the back, Foster was fuming, livid with anger. She hated the fact that Jennifer had such a large hold over  them, that she was able to control their actions with the knowledge and power she held.

        They were all tense, though. Stiles was still in a state of emergency due to his father being taken, prepared to be ritually sacrificed. Then there was Scott who felt as though everything was slipping through his fingers. Jennifer had them all held right in the palm of her hand, and there was little to nothing that they could do about it at this point.

        They had to continue going on with her little show, playing it out until she creates the finale she desired so dearly.

        Stiles shook his head back and forth softly, mumbling, "I don't know, something just feels wrong about this. We've proved it to Derek, but she still had this look like it didn't matter. You know, like it was still going according to plan." They were all silent, Stiles questioning, "You saw it, didn't you?"

        From the backseat, Foster breathed out in dismay, "It's like we're still right in the palm of her hand."

        Once the jeep pulled up in front of the hospital, Stiles quickly cut the engine. The three teens clambered out of the vehicle, Foster quickly met with a shower of pouring rain, a clap of thunder sounding. California very rarely had rain. Hell, they were in a damn drought, there was something not right about this whole thing.

        Either way, she threw her hood from her jacket over her head, already drenched with the water falling from the night sky above her. Foster was immediately by Scott's side, Stiles jogging up behind them with a bat in hand.

        "What the hell is that for?" Foster demanded over the incredibly loud storm. 

        He shot her a look, explaining as though it's obvious, "They have claws, I have a bat. You have. . . well, you can run. . . kind of."

        "Real assuring, Stilinski," Foster responded, rolling her eyes as the sliding doors of the hospital opened, allowing them to enter the facility. And more importantly, the fact that it was dry was almost heavenly.

        Derek and Jennifer were following behind, Derek keeping a harsh grip on the woman's bicep. Once inside the sterile building, Foster noticed all of the commotion going on around them. It was almost as though they were ushering everyone out of the hospital as quickly as they could.

        They made their way through the lobby, Foster's face paling as she watches all of the panic and chaos occurring around her. Where the hell was her mom?

        "Scott!" Melissa's voice sounded, the three teenagers immediately turning around at the sound of her voice. Foster was itching to demand what the hell was happening, but the rest of them were more focused on getting to Cora. All Foster wanted right now, though, was to know where her mom was. "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating."

        Foster's eyes widened, realizing that they were evacuating. Where were they sending the patients?

        "We're here for Cora," Scott explained, Foster biting down on her tongue rather harshly to keep from interrupting.