xx. ETERNAL DARKNESS

✢ ✢ ✢

        Everything was black.

        Nothing was able to be seen, everything within the room silent and eerie, an eternal darkness trying to take its victims captive, never to be released. The thing was, though, is that with darkness secured around her heart, she was unable to keep from succumbing to the darkness. Of course, darkness attracts darkness, and somewhere there was a light to burn the bitter black away, but as of right now, there was none.

        Foster's eyes slowly adjusted to her surroundings, squinting as she tried to take everything in. All around her she saw black, no sort of avail to find an exit. She wasn't exactly where exactly she was, but she did know that it was far too difficult to see.

        And slowly, something flickered, Foster letting out a shaky breath before turning around. Finally, she could see the end of a room, a body in a white nightgown floating in the air, a bright, white light surrounding the figure.

        The woman's long blonde hair hung under her, the light flickering away before coming back, but no where near as bright. It becoming duller than before. There was something wrong with the woman in front of her, almost as though the light inside of her was fading away, making the already dark room become even more nefarious.

        Slowly, and hesitantly, Foster took a step forward to the woman, knowing full well who she was. It was her mother, and she knew that this all had to do with what she said. 

        Sacrificing herself, her mother warned Foster that it would do something to not just herself, but her mother, too. Her actions started a catalyst of something that Foster hadn't even caught a glimpse of yet.

        Her soft footsteps echoed around the room she was in, Foster almost seeing shadows run throughout the darkness surrounding her. She jumped slightly, her arms wrapped around herself as everything slowly become colder and colder, goosebumps running along her arms. 

        A slight buzzing could be heard, almost mimicking the sound of flies. It steadily grew, filling the room as Foster finally placed herself in front of her mother, it soon screaming in her ear.

        She winced, her knees buckling before collapsing to the ground, her palms help up against her ears in an attempt to block out the sound. Foster's teeth gritted together, the blonde trying to keep her sanity together as everything around her seemed to be turning into a freak show. 

        And soon enough, the sound ended, Foster glancing up to see a small fly dancing in font of her, buzzing around her. In a trance like state, Foster extended her arms, trying to touch it, but it quickly flew past her, placing itself on the wall of the room, Foster then noticing the cracked open door that had been there all along.

        "Don't close the door."

        Foster shot onto her feet, letting out a soft gasp as her head swiveled around in confusion. The voice seemed to hiss at her, Foster feeling herself begin to tremble softly. She wasn't going to lie, she was terrified. She had absolutely no idea what the hell was happening or where she was. All she wanted was to go home, yet somehow she seemed to be trapped in some place that she never even knew existed. 

        Her head then flicked up, her blue eyes locked on the fly buzzing about, crawling along the handle of the door.

        "Don't close the door."

        Her eyes stayed locked on the door, the girl breathing out shakily, "Don't close the door."

        And then she took a step forward, walking past her mother and hesitantly extending her hand, the fly moving away from the handle and darting into the door, entering wherever it may lead. She slowly pulled the door forward, it opening more and more with a long, eerie creak.