xxvi. CRIMINAL HIJINKS

✢ ✢ ✢

There were a grand total of three problems that came about due to the events that occurred only a mere hour ago. First was the fact that after Kira practically blew up the substation, the entire town of Beacon Hills was sent into a blackout. Secondly, they now had the fact that Kira was something supernatural - something with the supernatural ability to absorb electricity. Which, in Foster's opinion, was actually beyond cool - and slightly terrifying - but still cool. Third of all, and the most nerve wracking, was the fact that they were all in Sheriff Stilinski's office, being questioned by Agent Asshole (but he prefers to go by Agent McCall).

Seated in between Scott and Stiles, Scott held onto Foster's hand as Rafael looked from the three of them, to Kira who was beside them, and his eyes then landing on Lydia who was seated in the arm chair in the corner.

"So," he began, Foster letting out a sigh due to the fact that she knew this long night was about to get even longer, "when did you get there."

"At the same time," Stiles promptly answered, explaining how himself, Scott, Foster, and Lydia all got there at the same time.

"The same time as who?"

Foster rolled her eyes, Scott pointing at them before answering, "Same time as us."

His father raised a brow at him. "By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles inquired, his tone having a bit of a sarcastic and annoyed tone to it. Foster couldn't help but smirk at it.

"That's what I'm asking you," McCall elaborated, trying to hide his frustration towards the teenagers who were clearly giving him hell. "The two of you arrived at the same time - was that coincidence?"

Scott quirked a brow. "Are you asking me?"

"No, I think he's asking me," Stiles countered, shaking his head.

Foster scoffed, rolling her eyes at the two. "He's clearly asking me."

From the corner, Lydia voiced, "I think he's asking all three of you."

Growing frustrated, McCall cut in, "Okay, let me answer the questions." Foster raised a brow at his wording, struggling to stifle her laugh. Stiles pursed his lips in questioning, all of them wearing smug expressions. None of them had a problem with giving Agent McCall shit after walking out on Scott and Melissa. He sighed, correcting, "Let me ask the questions."

Stiles then pointed a finger toward him in acknowledgement, shooting Agent McCall a wink.

"Just so I have this absolutely clear," he began, flipping through his notepad which listed the events of that night. "Barrow as hiding in the chemistry classroom at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira." He looked at them all, Foster nodding. He did have the events correctly down so far. "Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

"Sounds about right," Stiles informed, shrugging in response.

"How'd you know he'd take her to a power substation?" McCall inquired, Foster trying to hide the horrified look on her face. She didn't think this far ahead. She was more focused on the fact that Kira wasn't fazed by being electrocuted with all of the electricity in a power substation.

Scratching the side of his head, Stiles explained, "Well, because he was an electrical engineer so where else would he take her?"

Foster let out a sigh, thinking to herself, Real smooth, Stilinski.