xxvii. RHYTHM OF THE NIGHT

✢ ✢ ✢

After performing various felonies that could probably land Scott and Foster into juvie for a good year, the four teenagers decided that going to a black light party might just be the thing they need right now.

Foster had been hearing things about it all day, quite shocked to hear that it was being held in Derek's loft. She had a feeling that the werewolf would be less than pleased with that. Either way, she didn't really care. Once again, he did try to kill her. And yes, she still held a grudge.

Either way, Foster had driven herself and Kira to apartment complex she's been in more times than she can count, while Scott and Stiles each decided to meet the two girls there.

Once there, Foster had been able to hear the faint thumping of music from outside the building, knowing it must have been blaring intensely inside the actual party.

Now standing in front of the sliding door in between Kira and Scott, Foster could feel the ground practically shaking from under her. Finally sliding the door open herself, Foster felt the air inside of her release, her eyes widening.

In the center of the loft were hundreds of bodies painted with an array of patterns of neon colors. Everyone was illuminated beyond belief, the Bloody Beatroots even there to provide music. Danny really planned this entire thing out from front to back.

Foster then looked down at her own attire, feeling completely overdressed. Here, everyone was half naked, which is how anyone would dress if they knew they were going to be painting their bodies.

Foster, and her friends, on the other hand, were more focused on deleting photos of a teenage girl who has a glowing fox around her, meaning that they were clearly dressed like you would to go to school. Hell, Foster hadn't even thought about changing after school anyway. Which was why she was in a simple, long sleeved tee and jeans.

She was so not prepared for a rave right now.

Regardless of this, from beside her, Scott glanced down at the girl who was only a little bit shorter than him - it wasn't like he towered over her. He sent her a small, almost nervous smile, before grabbing hold of her hand, Foster releasing a content sight as he laced his fingers along with hers.

While she was more focused on the fact that there was a huge party that Foster wished she got to earlier, Stiles continued to go on about a key he received earlier that day during school.

Well, he didn't necessarily receive it. More like found it in his locker, but either way, Foster had to agree, it was all kinds of bizarre how it ended up there. Her rational answer would be is that he grabbed the wrong pair of keys, but for some reason, she felt like it didn't exactly add up right.

"It just showed up there on my key ring this morning. I asked my dad if he put it there, but he said he didn't know anything about it," Stiles shouted over the music, Foster straining her hearing to understand a word he was saying.

Scott lead her through the crowd, Kira trailing behind the three of them. Kira was comfortable around them - especially after what they just did for her - but she still didn't necessarily know them well enough to feel comfortable butting into conversations. Which was why she trailed behind silently, content knowing that she wasn't here alone.

"It's just a key, right?" Scott confirmed, a little confused by the situation yet not alarmed over a key. A key wasn't exactly life or death for them considering what kind of things they have to deal with on a daily basis.