Chapter 12

Walking out of the room towards the forest, bags in hand, Saul, Sky and Riven were quick to follow the girl. "Rosalie, can we please talk, princess?" "I have nothing to say to you" she bit back. "Love, please, don't do this." Saul begged her. Turning around before crossing the barrier, Rose said "You should have stopped it then. You knew what was going to happen and you walked away. It wasn't necessary, I was handling it but you and your caveman instincts had to let Riven beat the guy to pulp. I don't agree with that, at all. I was only here for Bloom. Clearly, she doesn't need me anymore, so it's time for me to go to college, away from all of this." before walking through. The guys quickly following her.

"We are soulmates, love. We need you." Saul tried. "You should have thought about that before all of this. Now, are you going to escort me to the gateway or am I going to have to find someone else to do it?" Rosalie told him, getting more fed up by the second "We can't let you leave, babe. Please understand." Sky spoke. "What do you mean?" Rose asked him, a bit worried now. "There is a reason I was in Farah's office before you came and why Sky and Riven were selected to escort you. Farah was giving us the chance to talk it out. Soulmates are sacred. Sky, Riven and I could die if you left for too long." "What are you saying, Saul?" Rosalie asked again. "I'm begging you, please don't leave, love. We will do anything to make it up to you. Please, just give us another chance." "I-" hearing a rustling sound behind her, she quickly turned around. Heart beating extremely fast.

"What was that?" she asked, scared out of her mind. "That's a burned one, princess. Please come back towards the barrier" "But I-" "Now!" Saul said, with so much authority in his voice that she didn't dare to question or disobey him. Rushing back towards the guys, Saul quickly grabbed her waist and put her behind him while drawing his sword. "Get back inside the barrier, it's not safe." He ordered while slowly checking his surroundings. Suddenly a burned one jumped out of a tree, heading straight for Rosalie who screamed as loud as she could. Riven was quick to push her out of the way which made him get scratched by the burned one. Saul and Sky were quick to kill it, filled by the strength to keep their soulmate safe and out of harm. Riven wouldn't be infected, but his cut still had to be cleaned.

Rosalie was freaking out. "Oh my god, Riven, no, no, no, no, no. Are you okay?" "I- I'm fine" he breathed out. "No you're not, you got hurt. Why did you push me away?" She asked him, feeling extremely guilty that he got hurt because of her. "Because I couldn't live with myself if you got hurt, princess. None of us could" he said while gesturing to the other two, who were silently checking if she was alright. "But I- and you-" "We can talk about this when we are back inside the barrier. Love, are you alright to walk?" Saul asked. "Yeah, I'm fine" "Sky, you got Riven?" "Yeah, no problem"

Back inside the barrier, Sky was carrying Riven to the greenhouse, so professor Harvey could tend to his wound. "Let's talk in my office" Saul told Rosalie, who was looking at the retreating forms of the two boys. In Saul's office he gestured for her to take a seat on the couch, while he sat next to her.

"What happened, love?" "What do you mean?" "This morning you wanted to live with us in an apartment and one fight changed all that. Something else must have happened for you to change your mind." "It's just everything" she blurted out, before she could stop herself. "Finding out my sister is not my sister, my sister hating me for something I can't control, being mated to three guys, not knowing what that even means, feeling as if I would never be good enough for you because I'm not from this world. I saw a way out so I could avoid disappointing people and go back to my world, where I understand everything, and I took it. And now Riv's hurt, because of me" she said while crying a little.

"Oh love, you know you could have always talked about it with one of us or with all of us. I know it's a big difference, but we will always be there to help you through it. Don't worry about that, my love." "I don't get it" she said while wiping away her tears "why are you so nice to me while I have been a bitch to you guys, again" "Because we love you. We will always love you, whatever you do. The universe chose you to be our soulmate, I'm not letting a couple of arguments or words said get in the way of that. We were made for each other Rosalie. If you give us a chance we can show you"