9. Good news. Or not.

Noah's pov:

I walked in the café and let my eyes wander around, looking for Ivy. Her friend Gay, Jay, whatever his name was, said that she'd be here. He better not be lying. If he is I swear I'll-

Oh there she is!

She glanced at me and I joyously waved at her. She rolled her eyes at that and chose to ignore me, probably thinking that she'd get rid of me that way.

Well guess again, sweetheart.

I stomped my feet and went up to her, leaning my elbows on the bloody counter that got in our way. She didn't look happy at all to see. In fact, she looked very, very mad.

"YOU! YOU- HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?"

She yelled at me louder than she should have, then she crouched forward, lowering her voice, as she probably realized that we'd be getting an audience if she kept that volume:

"Have you got no shame !?"

Her choice of words was too amusing that I couldn't help the grin on my face. I studied her face closely and watched her normally calm and pleasant demeanor slowly change and her face contorted in annoyance.

Her features remained glazed for a split second, then she frowned. Vertical furrows appeared between her brows. Her cheeks flushed. Her thin, pink lips were pulled inwards, revealing her frustration, and her eyes, her big brown eyes weren't blinking at the moment.

The funny thing is, even when Ivy was upset and pulling this deadly serious glare, she still looked..

Cute?

Woah. I don't even know how did I think of that. The word 'cute' was very unusual to me. I don't think I've understood its meaning. Calling a certain cat cute, or worse, a girl. That just didn't make sense to me.

But now I can totally see it. There's no other word that would define Ivy any better. Cute was the exact term.

I didn't realize I had been staring at her until she started snapping her fingers right in front of my face.

Shit. She must be creeped out.

"Are you going to tell me why did you post that or what?" She asked with a calmer firm tone.

"Because it is true. Duh! I am hot. " I replied, making sure to mark extra emphasis on the last words.

"But why state it on MY PROFILE !?" Her tone rose again and she shot me a deadly glare.

"Notice how you didn't deny that I'm hot." Her eyes widened at my statement and a faint blush appeared on her cheeks. She was too damn adorable when she got irritated that I could make it my mission to tease her.

"See, you're speechless! Is my charm that irresistible ? Of course it is. I'm the sexiest- "

"NOAAH !"

Her yelling all of a sudden startled me and if I hadn't been leaning on the counter, I would've fell and broken a bone. Forget about the stupid mission! This girl's a tough ass.

"Okay, okay! It was a stupid prank. It won't happen again." I said while holding my hands up in surrender.

"Good. Now leave. I've got to work."

I did as she said. Being near this girl will only increase the risk of me having a sudden heart attack.

Besides, I needed to go home. My parents still haven't seen me or acknowledged my arrival for the matter. When my plane landed this morning. I had gone straight to school.I didn't attend class or anything. Na. I just went there to stroll around and catch up with some old pals. Of course none of the teachers did mind because, my mom's the headmaster.