6. A day to remember

Ivy's POV:

I certainly wanted to see my mom. I just didn't expect to be going home so soon. It's strange because, in normal circumstances, I would never feel comfortable in a foreign country, and I would definitely not sleep at ease anywhere besides my own cozy bedroom.

My journey here, however, had been nothing but pleasent, so far. This place feels unusally and oddly homely.

And I'd be lying if I said I wanted to leave soon.. or ever.

Maybe it's the warm weather of California, or maybe it's the immensity of the house I'm staying at. Or maybe, just maybe, it's due to the presence of a certain person. And you might guess who that is.

Noah was currently behind the wheel and I was caught in my own thoughts, which basically consisted of wonder. I was desperately curious to know our destination so I couldn't quit wondering what it might be.

I stretched back in my seat then took a quick peek at Noah. He looked particularly hot while driving, a gray t-shirt tightly clenching his muscles.

Nothing exceptional, I thought. The guy looked hot in everything.

Other than that, he seemed highly focused on the road ahead. Good thing I suppose.

Minutes later, the car ride had gotten to an end and we were getting off. We were on a sideroad but the place wasn't completely deserted.

There were about five or six cars in the parking area, and I noticed a pair of stairs a little further.

"- Come on! " Noah said locking his car.

He then took my hand and we walked up the stairs. We reached the top of the hill and soon the sourrounding landscapes came to view. They were so scenic and delicate. It was basically a mountanious area.

I looked up to see that the sun was gradually going down, and the sky was this resplendent color. The burning light of the sun had gotten dull and looked like a huge disc of orange and red. The orange was mingling with the light blue color of the sky, producing a vast contrast of colors. It was like watching a screen changing its colors.

The scene was mesmerizing and truly beautiful. It intensified the beauty of the landscape and certainly completed the perfect image of the sunset I have always read about in books..

I was so taken with the scenery that I didn't notice the huge white block letters standing on stilts spelling HOLLYWOOD in one of the hills. Now that's definitely something !

I never thought I would live to see an actual landmark.. let alone a famous one.

I would have crossed that from my bucket list, except that.. I didn't have one.

If I thought that was all, I was wrong.

I turned around to face the other side of the hill, my back now facing the Hollywood sign, and my astonishment only grew wider. Wow! was my only exclamation.

The skyline of Los Angelos was utterly distinct and in full view, just above the horizon. And let me tell you that, the city looked emphatically astonishing at night.

Rigid skyscrapers laid elegantly under the moonlight. Bright lights peered from the windows of the thousand occupied buildings, making the city look exceedingly iluminated with all kind of sparkling fluorescent lights.

The traffic wasn't hard to define either. The movement of the vehicules never ceased.

In all, the city looks so bright, so vivid... so alive.