003: Waiting

Biting your nails as your stare never leaves your phone that lay on your desk, empty and silent.

Come on.. how long does it take, huh?

Your phone comes to life as the screen lights up and the annoying ringtone begins to sound in the silent room. Lunging forward, you grab it and answer the call, pressing the phone to your ear.

"Mrs-"

You're cut off and your heart sinks as you yell into the phone.

"No, I do not want a toilet plunger! I don't care if it's 50% off either, it's probably made in China."

You cut the call, tossing your phone back on to the table with a groan as you run a hand through your hair.

Fucking telemarketers...

You gasp as your phone rings and you grab it again, pressing it to your ear.

Your heart jumps in joy as you chime into the phone.

"Thank you so much!" Jumping up from the chair of your office, you jerk the door open and run down the hallway till you reach Jake's office. Banging on the door like a crazy woman until the door jerks open, you barge into his office as he looks as you, stunned.

"What kind of boss are you?" He whines as he shuts the door.

"W-we got the slot for the meeting!" You yell, spreading your arms out in victory and he froze.

"Are you serious?"

"No, I came here to tell you I'm married to a pizza. OF COURSE I'M SERIOUS!"

He laughs and claps his hands in joy.

"It's actually working.. When is it?"

"Tomorrow at 4 pm."

His face drops as he groans, ruffling his hair.

"What, what, what?" You rant, resting your hands on your hips.

"I have a meeting with my friends at 4-"

"Yah! This is way more important!"

"But-"

"You're the assistant manager for God's sake, you have to be at the meeting with the students and I."

"But-"

"I won't take you with us, then.." You chime, folding your arms and looking around the room. Silence envelops the room as the boy stares at you and sighs.

"...Fine."

"Good!" You say with a smile, pinching his cheeks and walking out. He shakes his head, ruffling his hair as he watches you skip down the hallway.

"Things are going downhill..." He mutters to himself as he shuts the door.

Skipping up to you as you exit the building, he asks,