007: Arrival

The four of you try to get a glimpse of the long-awaited planet that is now right outside the shuttle.

"I can't believe we're actually here!"
Mia squeals in excitement. The journey had been long and tiring. Luckily, what was supposed to be a 9 month long trip had been reduced to a matter of weeks due to the latest warp speed technology implemented in the spacecraft.

The planet looked uncannily similar to the Earth, with it's green landmasses and.... red oceans. The atmosphere had a shade of purple, instead of the usual blue you would see on Earth.
The colours were candy to the eyes, and you found yourself longing to stare at this ethereal orb forever.

But why stare, when you can walk, feel, and smell it?

The silence in the shuttle was deafening, but it was a peaceful silence, one that would encapsulate the moment in a sci-fi movie where humans had experienced nothing like this before.

"Ok, we need to land right now if we want to have sufficient fuel to get back."
Namjoon says, hastily pushing his floating glasses back down onto his nose. You nod, rubbing your palms together.
"Ok! You guys know the protocols. Stay together. We aren't here to play hide and seek, this place is unpredictable. I don't want to end up with a casualty on my hands, alright?"

The eager students nod, as everyone makes their way to the suit port. There were special skin tight suits to be worn when stepping into other planets. They connected themselves into your bodies through a chip in the back of your necks.

Everyone had to be implanted to be able to carry out these missions, and it worked better for the safety of everyone's lives. The suit would pick up approaching unidentified life, or unusual drops in temperature and climate and would heat itself up or decrease it's temperature according to the temperatures outside.

It would scan the entire area you walked on and compiled the collected data into a map that was stored in the microchips implanted on the back of your neck. If ever you needed it, you could pull it up and track back from where you came.

It had many other functions, and all in all it was one of the best inventions made for planet explorers like them.
Everyone straps themselves in, and the spacecraft begins to slowly descend down into the planet.

Everyone gazed in awe at the window, as the deep black void of space began to fade, a lilac purple beginning to take its place.

Lilac skies.. pretty

And soon enough, the spacecraft reached the end of its descent. Everyone looks at each other, exhilarated.
"Let's go."
You say, not wanting to wait any further. With everyone's suits on, Namjoon twists and opens the hatch. It pops out, and you take a deep breath, your breath almost fogging up the fiberglass helmet.

You turn to the others.
"Is everyone's oxygen level full?"
They nod, gazing at the world that lay outside the circular hatch. Mia takes the first step outside, the sand crunching beneath her boots.

"Purple soil?"
Jake says with a laugh as he jumps out. The gravity on the planet was a fraction below earth's gravity level, and it took a few seconds to jump down from the spacecraft to the ground.

It wasn't to the point where you would float around, and you could even run faster and jump longer. The bright green trees contrasted with the deep purple soil, and you grinned at the peculiar world.