Chapter One: That's All

Comrades, friends, family, lovers. It all means nothing to me, seeing them makes me cringe, why make friends if they're just gonna leave or die. All they do is leave you, so what's the point of having them. 

That's all ... that's all they do. Staying independent is the best option when it comes to being a curse in this world.

Being a curse is a gift of hell, all you get is destruction not that I hate it. The thing I hate the most is having to fight the hero's as they go on and on about saving the world, or bragging about the fact they have little to no weaknesses. It sucks. 

 I sighed as I stood up, The wind blew through my hair as I stood up on the top of a building. The only good thing about this world was the views from the top of buildings, my favorite was the sunsets. So I guess this world wasn't a total hell. I watched as the sunset before me eyes with such beauty, the sight never failed to amaze me, no matter how many times I saw a sunset. I turned around and began walking toward the door to inside the abandoned building. 

It was a temporary living place since not a lot of people want to take the time to talk to a curse. As I walked down the stairs I heard a sound from the lower levels, I stopped in my tracks and waited for another noise. I heard it once more, it sounded like a crash of some sort. I raced down the flights of stairs and to the doorway, I poked my head out and looked around to see no one, I walked through the doorway into the empty room.

The sound was getting louder, I didn't want to use my cursed energy just in case whatever was here could sense it. I followed the noises and as I got closer I heard muffled voices. 

There's people here 

I noticed the people and before I could be seen I hid myself on the other side of the doorway. I took a quick peak and I felt my heart skip a beat, "Sorcerers." I said under my breath, They were practicing on the weaker curses I had planted around this place, One had White sliver-ish hair and the other was to hard for me to get a good look. The white haired one looked young but I could only see the back of him, he was tall too, taller than me. I needed to get rid of them, I crouched down as quietly as possible as they chatted away. 

I placed my hand down on the cold hard ground gently, I let my cursed energy flow to my hand that was in contact with the ground, I watched as the ground began to crack quietly growing louder as the cracks grew closer to them, they noticed and looked at the doorway, I smirked before slipping away to on of the near by balconies. I ran put into the cool night, I quickly climbed over the railing and looked down to the ground below me.

I knew I wouldn't die, but it would still hurt badly, I heard the sound of the floor collapsing and that's when I closed my eyes and let go. I was hit with a large gust of wind as I fell closer and closer to the ground, until I hit the ground of course. I let out a scream of pain as my back hit the ground with a loud thud. I laid there wincing in pain from the fall, I knew I had to get up and make sure that those two were dead but, man that hurt. 

"I'll say you had me at first, but your little trick didn't work on me." I heard a mans voice say, it sounded like he was smirking. I looked up to see the white haired man from before standing over me with a smirk on his lips, "Seems your quiet the sneaky little curse aren't you."

As an answer I heaved my body upwards with my hands aiming my foot for his blindfolded eyes thinking that I had the advantage since he had the blindfold. he reacted by grabbing my foot with little to no emotion except the same smirk from before. 

Now I was upside down my finger tips brushing up against the ground, I could feel all the blood racing to my head, as I looked at the feet of the man.

"Come on, you can't be that easy to beat. After all you didn't even have any cursed energy behind the pointless attack you just did." He chuckled. He let go of me, I hit the ground in the most uncomfortable way I possibly could causing more pain to sprout through my body. I painfully stood to my feet and faced the taller man with anger in my eyes. 

"I'm not that easy to beat. You just seem to want to end things to quickly." I growled. 

"Bold of you to assume I was done." He laughed.