Murdered

"Jay!" Nya yelled out, using every last bit of her engere to rush over to her Yin, wanting to finally feel his embrace again after so many days of no touch between the two.

Jay smiles and opens his arms as Nya jumps into them, immediately feeling his warmth that he for some reason always radiated. It was a comforting warmth that would make you relax in a matter of seconds and sometimes (well, most times according to Nya) you could fall asleep on him.

Nya took in a few breaths shakily as relief overwhelmed her emotions. "I missed you," She stated, smiling gently at her boyfriend. "So much."

Jay's lips curved into a smile while he intertwined their hands together, looking down as Nya squeezes it gently. However, he did not reply to her physically. Instead, he used his actions to show how much he missed her.

He gently and slowly kisses her, feeling her body relax even more while she deepened into the action too as she pulled herself closer to him. Nothing could ever top this moment, ever. (Okay, maybe that's a little far-fetched, but still, it was a wonderful experience.)

"How was it?" Jay asked out of the blue, not even moments as they reluctantly pulled away. He wanted to know how the days have been walking around the city, trying to find that god damn sky pirate that the police had spent months trying to track down. And although she succeeded, she had yet to have eaten or done anything else really.

"Eh.." Nya sighed, conflicted on her views on the whole thing. "It was..okay. I mean, it was pretty off guarding that one of those sky guys were back. I still don't have the best views on that whole situation..and it daunted me a bit when one had resurfaced. But, minus that, I guess it was fine. Well..I guess I'm a bit hungry." Jay looked up.

And now, since she was back, and Jay (slightly) knew how to cook, he could make something for her! Piece of cake, right?

He wished it was.

"I'll make you something!" Jay states, bouncing up and down and squeezing her hands. "Maybe some noodles or Sushi?" His suggestions made Nya smile and nod.

"Either, please." She replied, giggling at his excitement over cooking for her. It was strangely extremely adorable, like everything else he did or does.

~~~

After thirty minutes, a lot of Jay-Screaming ™️, and a delightful smell, the food that the Blue Ninja has prepared for his girlfriend was finally done. If he had known she hadn't eaten in a while, the whole thing would've been even more chaotic. (And that's saying something, considering it already was a mess.)

"Nya?" Jay calls out, getting Nya's attention pretty quickly, holding back a laugh when he sees her little smile snap onto her face. He held the plate in front of her before gently playing it onto the counter. "Enjoy." He whispers.

Before Jay could take his apron off, Nya grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a deep kiss. It was basically a way of saying thank you now. You did something cool for me? Thanks, but in a kiss form. That was their idea of being an even cuter couple. 

"Thanks." Nya mumbled after they pulled away. Jay nodded and headed over to the counter to take his apron (well, Zane's apron) off and sit next to his Yang.

"I'm sorry."

"What was that?" Nya said, stopping herself from eating just for a tiny bit longer, even if she was extremely hungry. She wanted to know what he was saying, as it sounded short.

Jay turned back around to her and smiled reassuringly. "What was what?" He said, calmly. As if nothing ever came out his mouth in the first place. Which, if you know Jay, that would be a lie.

Nya raised an eyebrow. "You said something." She answered back. "I dunno what exactly it was..it sounded like you were apologising for something?" Her response was laced with confusion and speculation. What would Jay be sorry for? The food looks amazing! Especially from someone who definitely isn't the best cook.

"Cause, this good looks and smells great. You shouldn't be sorry for making something so promising for me."

Jay smiled softly at her. "Thanks." His words matched his expression. "Now eat, I don't want you passing out on me."

Nya thanked Jay one last time and began eating, enjoying the company she could have with Jay. Just them, alone in the kitchen, complete silence everywhere. It was oddly very peaceful..and quite comforting to say the least. It was rare you could be gifted with such a pleasure, as usually they'd be people everywhere making noise. But since there's no one inside the Monerstary apart from the couple, it was a good idea to savour the moment while it lasted — as they both doubted this would not happen again for a while.

"Hmmmm.." Nya muttered, smiling as she took her first few bites. "This..this is wonderful.."

Jay smiles with a glimmering look in his eyes. "I'm so glad." His answer was quiet and soft.

~~~

Jay woke up to the ruffle of sheets and the sound of quick footsteps. He groaned as his eyes adjusted to the sudden switch of light, and he sat up slightly to get a better look at the situation.

The room only contained him inside. The light was on however, and the blankets were all scrunched and messed up, and the door was left wide open, leaving a cold draft to seep in.

That was the sound of retching.

~~~

Tears blurred his vision while he looked at the banquet of food that was laid out in front of him.Many others beside him devoured the stuff with great happiness. But he could not think of anything other than her.

A finger tapped his shoulder. "C'mon, Jay. You did it, you killed her! You're with us now! You're safe." A slurred voice murmured evilly against him, making the previous ninja shiver and let a loose tear run down his face.

He tried to stop his shaking, not wanting to seem guilty in front of them. Not after what they've done. He wanted to scream and cry, constantly apologising whilst begging for forgiveness.

He didn't want to face anyone from the team again. He killed his girlfriend, his only love. All because of some stupid genie that threatened his life. He was so selfish! Why would he ever kill someone over his life?!

He killed her.

He poisoned her.

What..

What had he become?

~~~

Please don't murder me again