Changed

Jay woke up to a strange tickling feeling on his face. It was like, a spider was on his cheeks. And if you knew Jay, he wasn't the biggest fan of spiders.

So he did what he did — and what he usually does — and scream.

Causing the person laying (and sleeping) next to him to also bolt up and yell out a sound of surprise.

Jay didn't even realise, as he was too busy shaking his head and squeezing his eyes shut to see anything. He was definitely terrified, but what he's about to hear doesn't get any better.

"Jay?!"

A deeper voice caught him off guard. He stopped what he was doing, turned around, and was met with a skinny man with black hair that looked awfully like Nya..

While he turned around to see who the voice was, he realised now he could see the mirror. And briefly, he could see himself. Longer eyelashes..longer hair..freckles..

..and little to no clothes on-

He grabbed the blanket from underneath him and covered his body with it and then looked back at supposedly Nya.

"..Nya?" He asks, reaching his skinnier hands to clutch hers. She nodded, and then slowly reached her hand out too and intertwined it with Jay's. "U-Uhm.." She cleared her throat, obviously flustered with the sudden changes in gender.

Jay shuffled slightly, getting uncomfortable too. "S-So I'm a.." Jay looked down at himself. He's a girl. He then looked up and down at Nya. "And you're a.."

The action definitely made her uncomfortable as she looked away from him and slowly pulled the hood up on Jay's hoodie, which also caused her hair to go in her face and for Jay to slightly giggle.

"I'm sorry for doing that." He said, seriously.

Nya looked at him and squeezed his hand. "How..how did we..y'know- like- how did we change?" She asked, looking at herself in the mirror too and frowning.

Jay shrugs, then blows the hair out of his face. "I'm not sure, but we'll find o- OW!" He didn't even finish his sentence when he yelled, not only causing his Yang to jump but a get sharp pain to erupt in his stomach. He placed one hand over it and groaned, wanting to cry over the pain.

Nya was obviously concerned now, so she slightly lifted up her hair from her face (which showed some very concerned eyes) and raised an eyebrow. "W-What's up?" She asked, still pretty flustered and definitely just too uncomfortable to be in this body right now. She very very rarely acts like this.

Jay curls up and opens his mouth. "My stomach and this area really hurt..oww!!" He whines. The higher pitched voice was not a good idea for him to have as a female..

As Nya realised, she quickly sat him up, scooped him into her arms and made her way to the bathroom. Confused, Jay simply clutched his stomach and tries his best not to cry. This pain was so much different to anything else he had felt, and he wants it to go away right now!

"N-Nya what's going on with me?!" He asks, begging for an answer while he was sat down on the cole floor. Nya doesn't respond at first, as she's too busy looking through the mirror cabinet and rummaging around. She was trying to find something to help with the pain, Jay presumed.

After a while, Nya turned around with two things in her hands. In one hand was a bottle of pills, and in another was..

..oh.

Jay turned red and covered his face, now knowing what was up with him. He did this every month with Nya, but now since he was a girl, he was the one that was given these strange products.

Underneath her hair, he could tell that Nya was blushing. She handed him the products and slowly began to step back. "T-The instructions on how to put them on are on the back, a-and you know how to use the paracetamol." She walked out, closed the door and leaned against the wall, very very red.

After a few minutes, Jay comes out and shakily hands Nya the two things back. "I-I'm sorry." He mutters, holding his stomach.

Nya lifts up her hair again and stuff it somewhere so Jay can see her face. "It-It's okay. I'll go put these back in there.." She says, retreating back to the bathroom and placing the products in the cabinet.

Once they got back into bed, (and put some actual clothes on Jay) Jay immediately reached for his Yang's hand again, and then relaxed a little when she clutched it tightly.

"S-So..how do you think we changed?" Nya asks, still looking down at her body and not facing Jay.

The female-previously-a-male looks around. "I-I dunno, maybe some sort of curse..?" Even though he was quite a concerned female, he still had strange reasons for things that sometimes didn't need or didn't seem like they had a strange reason for.

A scoff left his girlfriend's mouth. "Really?" She muttered, shuffling closer to him. Jay also let out a small laugh. "You never know, okay?" He replies, amused.

~~~

It's been around an hour now, and Jay was leaning against the wall with a heating pad on his stomach, a blanket around him, a empty box of tissues and a chocolate bar in his hands that he devouring.

Things had not gotten any better for the poor boy, and all he could do was get himself as comfortable as possible. AKA, this is what he usually does when Nya is going through it..

And minus the pain — and the fact he cried for twenty minutes over the fact that penguins can't fly — he LOVED being in a warm blanket while eating some nice, sweet chocolate. He knew that it could be much worse, but he didn't have to deal with that, so he at the moment he just appreciated these few hours as off hours. Yeah..he still didn't really understand periods.

However, as the hours went past, Nya felt her own problems arise with being a male for today. No, they were not as bad as Jay's, but they were definitely something she didn't see herself dealing with ever in her life.

She shuffles and gently taps Jay's shoulder, earning a smiling look from him and a raised eyebrow. "You okay there?" He asks, munching onto the last few bites of his chocolate.

"I-I.." Her face turned red again. Whatever she said, she seemed embarrassed by it. She pulled her hood over her head again, along with her hair going over her eyes.

Jay looked up. "You..?"

"I-I have to pee, like, really bad. B-But," Now, her arms and hands were covering her tomato face. "I..don't know how to use this thing." She pointed down to that area.

Jay also blushed a light pink and starts to stumble on his words. "U-Uhm..uh, w-well- uhhh.."

Nya looked at him through her fingers, hoping Jay give some form of help. She was kinda mentally begging at this point. "Can you help? Please?" She asked, using her somehow still adorable puppy eyes on Jay.

Jay groaned, holding his stomach. "Ughhh..I'm sorry.." He muttered back, curling up. "I feel like I'll cry if I move out of here..you're just gonna have to wait or try."

Nya looked around for a few moments, fiddling with Jay's hoodie that was magically put on her and drawing her knees to her chest. "I'll wait." She confirmed.

"Will you be okay?" Jay asks, holding her hand.

"I..think so."

~~~

The morning after, the two both woke up and immediately went to feel their own hair, making sure it wasn't randomly short or randomly longer. Luckily, this strange curse only had lasted a day and now everything was back to normal. Jay was back with his fluffy and curly hair, and Nay is back with her puffy, fluffy hair.

"Oh thank god," Jay sighed in relief, flopping back down onto the bed and holding his stomach. No pains, whoo!

Meanwhile, he turned around to check on his girlfriend only to find her halfway out the room. He smiles. "Nya?"

She sighs, stops and turns around.

"I love you."

Nya glares at him, smiles and then runs off.

"Heh."