Videogames

Set during S1 :D

~~~

Nya sighed. When was the last time she had been this bored? Maybe it was when she was stuck in the Underworld, but even then she somehow found a way to entertain herself down there by breaking and fixing the Skeleton's bone vehicles and furniture.

Everyone was out except for a few people. Kai was buying some new outfits, Lloyd had gone with him, Cole went out to visit his mother, Zane had gone off to purchase some books and plants for his new collection in his room. So all that left was Sensei Wu and Jay.

Wu would be helpless. He's not very good for entertainment. He's more good in a comforting and caring type of figure, if not being his old Sensei self. He doesn't really know what a phone is, and definitely has no interest in Netflix or scrolling through Instagram for hours.

But, Jay..

Jay was definitely not boring. He could talk for Ninjago if possible. And although Nya would eventually find it irritating, (she's more on the quiet side) she still wouldn't be bored out of her mind like he is now.

He's good at a lot of things. Well, he experiments in a lot of things to say the least. He's actually quite good at poetry, he's decent as cooking and surprisingly is a very good model. There are a lot more hobbies he attempts at, however h the e one that Nya truly admired is his handiness and his skill in video games.

She never really knew what video games were until she was around 10. No one in her village were allowed electronics until around the age of 10, and when he friend had finally received one for their birthday, she went over to come and have a look. She did try and play, however she wasn't all that fond of it and much rather preferred watching someone play, or sitting in the same room while reading a book or something.

She has been in the same room as Jay while he played on the gaming console, although she never had any idea what he's on about. A lot of the mechanics and dialogue in the game makes no sense, especially to someone who knows English isn't their first language. Maybe it's just a foreign thing to everyone who doesn't play video games, but even then she finds Lloyd knowing what some of it means.

Well, Kai does too, but ever since he moved here and realised that there was a game console, he (just like Jay) has barely came off it. It's like they're both glued to the screen.

Anyway, Nya finds herself trailing off with her thoughts yet again this hour. But as she realised, she snapped out of it and found herself laying down and soaking in her own boredom.

"Well, there's not much else to do." Nya murmured to herself, before making a mental decision and then standing up. She looked around for a second, then grabbed her book she was currently reading and walked out of her room.

As she walked down the hallway, she could begin to hear the strange shouting and shooting noises that almost constantly enimated from the gaming room when there was nothing else to do. She was still confused on why he and the game were making such noises, but she learned the hard way that it's best not to ask, especially when there's four/five video games experts in the room and you already have a headache.

Nya finally reached the door. However, before entering she felt the need to knock. So, she did. She didn't know if Jay would actually hear her, as for some reason the volume was stupidly loud. Maybe because he knew Sensei would have earplugs in the whole day he wouldn't have to worry about noise without getting smacked in the head.

"Who is it?" Jay asks not long after the knock. Huh, impressive hearing.

Nya smiles behind the door. "It's me." She replied, hoping Jay would let me in.