A Gift To Remember

Valentine's Day was never a day Izuku was fond of personally. Throughout his time before U.A., especially during middle school, he felt like he was ignored on that day. More so than usual. He didn't receive any gifts from anyone, and nobody even said 'Happy Valentine's Day' to him. But then again, it wasn't like anyone was ever romantically interested in him or even was friends with him to receive a simple gift. No one wanted to hang out with a Quirkless mess like him on any other day, but that notion was much worst on Valentine's Day.

In a way, though he wouldn't like to admit it, Izuku had a distain against Valentine's Day. It came to the point where he would even forget that it would be Valentine's Day unless someone told him, which once again, no one barely did back then. To him, it was just another normal day. And deep down, he was OK with that.

"It's not like someone is going to give me a gift, anyway." He unfortunately thought. Even with his time at U.A. being significantly better than Aldera, old habits die hard, and he still had the same mindset as he did in the past three years. So, despite today being that exactly day, he woke up and went about the day like any other, unknowingly blocking any discussions of Valentine's at class.

The school day went about the same as any other and soon enough, the end of the day came about. Izuku was in the process of packing up when he saw Iida approach his desk.

"Ready to head back, Midoriya?" He asked.

"Yeah. Just give me a moment." Once packed, he got up, putting his bag onto his back, where he then realised someone was not with them. "Hey Iida? Have you seen Uraraka?"

"Ah, yes. She said she had to head back to the dorms early as she had lots of homework to complete." Iida explained, his arms waving about as he did.

"Oh, I see." Honestly speaking, he was looking forward to walking with Uraraka back to the dorms. While he would still be seeing her after school since all the students now lived in the school dormitories, for him, there was something nice about talking to her on the way back, as well as Iida. It was something he always looked forward to. But regardless, he understood her reason for heading off early, so he didn't complain as he and Iida left the classroom.

They made their way downstairs and towards the shoe lockers near the exit, chatting along the way. Izuku walked up to his locker, taking off his white trainers before opening his locker. There, he was surprised to see something else accompanying his red shoes - a small box leaned up against the sidewall of the locker.

"What the...?" His eyebrow was raised at this unexpected sight. He first took out his red shoes, putting them on before placing the white trainers in the locker and eventually taking out the box. At closer inspection, he saw it to be a small rectangular box that was wrapped in white wrapping paper and tied together with a red ribbon and bow on top.

"Is something the matter, Midoriya?" Izuku was so focused on the mysterious package that he didn't hear Iida approached him. He shrieked before quickly covering his mouth from the loud sound he made. He turned his head to face Iida, who had his hand raised up in apology.

"I'm very sorry for scaring you. It's just that you looked mildly confused about something." He explained.

"Oh. Right, I see." Izuku removed his hand of his mouth before showing Iida the wrapped box. "I just found this in my locker."

"Huh, interesting." Iida placed his finger on his chin, having a thinking expression on him. "Do you know who it's from?"

Izuku shook his head before looking at it again, trying to figure out what it could be. "No, I just found it now."

"You know what? I believe it might be a Valentine's Day gift."

His eyes grew before facing Iida in shock. "V-Valentine's?"