Sick Day

Toshinori appreciated the early morning this time around, with its bright light blue sky and the cool morning air. He felt the calm wind blowing through his wild blonde hair as he went about jogging down the path near U.A. He had been doing his morning jog for a while, particularly ever since he retired as a pro hero. He had the thought that, even though he wasn't a hero anymore, he shouldn't skip out on keeping fit, especially with his poor health. It had taken some getting used to, but now he enjoyed having this time to himself before having to teach for the day.

As he continued his jog, he went down the path where all the dorm buildings were located. There, he passed by Class 1-A's dorm, seeing many of the students standing around, getting ready for school. Toshinori was genuinely surprised at how quickly the students had adapted to their new living circumstances, but then again, they had always been able to move forward despite the many obstacles thrown at them, especially Class 1-A. He smiled at this before continuing his run.

"Oh wait! All Might!" He stopped in the midst of his jog as he heard someone calling him. Turning around, he saw Uraraka running up to him, getting his attention.

"Uraraka! You're going to be late!" Iida chastised her, waving his arms about.

"It won't take long." She assured him as she reached Toshinori, giving him a quick morning greeting.

"Morning, Young Uraraka. How are you today?" He asked, smiling.

"I'm fine, thank you. But, umm..." Her expression changed to a concerned one, which rubbed him the wrong way. "I'm... worried about Deku."

"Young Midoriya?" His voice had a slight concern into it upon hearing Midoriya's name.

"Yeah. He didn't come down for breakfast this morning." She explained, "I went to check up on him, but when I knocked on his door, he didn't answer. I-I didn't want to walk in, in case I disturbed him, so I went. But I'm really worried about him."

"I see..." Toshinori tried to not look too worried, having just the right amount of expression on him. But that didn't stop his own fear increasing inside.

"So, is it OK if you check up on him? I-If you're not too busy?" Uraraka asked. Despite his worry, Toshinori couldn't help but smile at Uraraka's request. She had always been someone who looked out for Midoriya, which he greatly appreciated.

With that, he gave a nod in response. "Of course. I'll check up on him."

Uraraka smiled back. "That's great. Thank you, All Might." She gave a quick bow before heading off in the direction of school. The moment she left, Toshinori sighed as he looked towards the dorm building.

"It's always you, Midoriya." It seemed that everything bad and more always happened to Midoriya and clearly, even with moving the students to protect them from villain attacks, those bad things still seem to find its way to him.

Since he didn't have a morning lesson and for once, he caught up with his grading, he made his way into the building. Once he entered, he walked up the staircases, reaching the second floor before walking down the corridor, finding Midoriya's nameplate.

Toshinori took a deep breath before knocking on the door. "Young Midoriya? It's me, All Might." There was no answer, which only made the fear in him grow even more.

He knocked again, only louder this time. "Midoriya? Are you OK?" Still no answer. Not even a peak that could indicate Midoriya was hiding or something.

With no other option, he reached out for the door handle. "I'm coming in." He announced before slowly opening the door.

He was met with the usual plastered walls of All Might posters that he had grown a custom to, but he was surprised to see that the curtains were still closed. There was a small slit between the curtains, which allowed a bit of sunlight to shine through and revealed a lump of duvet on the bed.