Somebody To Talk To

It was hard for Ochako to fall asleep. Even with her body aching from another day at school, she couldn't sleep. It frustrated her at how her body and mind was not cooperating with her desire to rest. She had thought her sleepless nights from last week were over. That her thoughts about the Shie Hassaikai Raid were no more, especially the aftermath of it. But alas, it seemed that it was only dormant, receding in the back of her mind and ready to pounce back at even the smallest mention of it, which came today.

She had been doing extra lessons after school recently, catching up with work she missed when she was at her hero work study, along with Deku, Tsu and Kirishima. It was during the one today that Mr Aizawa informed them he would be taking them to attend Sir Nighteye's funeral. And with that, all the repressed feelings Ochako had within her returned.

Seeing her friends hurt. The fear and resentment she had on Nighteye's vision about Deku. How she felt she could have done more to save him in time. That if she did more, he would be still alive.

Those thoughts slowly built after the lesson and now it was at full force as she lied in bed within the darkness of her room. Despite this though, Ochako didn't feel like telling anyone.

She didn't want to burden anyone with her feelings, especially since she was sure they were dealing with their own struggles, so she didn't want to add to theirs. However, it did mean that she was now wide awake, despite knowing she needed to sleep for school. She couldn't just lie there and do nothing. Letting out a frustrated groan, she sat up from her bed, swinging her legs over the edge of it and sitting there for a bit, thinking about her options.

"Maybe if I have some tea..." Ochako thought, remembering a specific type of tea Momo had mentioned before, saying that it can help you get to sleep. "Well, I got nothing to lose."

Making up her mind, she got up, stretching a bit before putting on her slippers and heading out her room. Once she closed the door quietly behind her, she stealthily walked down the corridor, taking the stairs downstairs as she didn't want to wake up any of her classmates. She took each step as lightly as possible, leading to her taking longer than usual to reach the end of the staircase, but nonetheless, she made it to the common space.

The entire space was in complete darkness, with only the moonlight shining through the wide windows providing some light in the space. It allowed Ochako to make her way to the kitchen space with ease.

"Right, now where's that tea...?" She muttered to herself, opening the cupboards in search of it, before eventually coming across a boxed tea at the bottom cupboard.

"Ah, there it is!" She cheered quietly, picking it up and setting it on the counter.

"Hello?" A sudden voice was heard, breaking through the silence Ochako was in and causing her to jump in place, but she quickly covered her mouth with her hands to stop her shriek from being audible. Once she recovered from her scare, she removed her hands over her mouth and turned to look to the left side, seeing the living space at the end.

"I think it... came from there...?" She wasn't even sure if what she heard was real or not, but regardless, she walked slowly towards the area, passing the dinner tables before stopping just about a meter away, standing behind one of the sofas.

"It has to be a classmate, right?" She thought, looking around. There wasn't anything unusual that stuck out to her. Nevertheless, she cleared her throat a bit before speaking. "H-Hello?"

She heard shuffling, which made her stiff in her place. Then, she saw a head poking out from behind the sofa she stood behind, where she was met with familiar green eyes and hair.