CHAPTER TEN!

The fly around the city was honestly amazing. It was a little rough at first, but so much fun. Now they were sitting on top of a hot air balloon, looking at the beautiful view of the sunset. "That was...that was..." Hiro kept trying to find words to describe how amazing the flight throughout the city was.

"Sick." Baymax said. Nina and Hiro shared a surprised look that Baymax was using that word correctly. "It is just an expression." Baymax reassured them and they chuckled.

"That's...that's right buddy." Hiro said. "I am never taking the bus again."

Nina chuckled. "I don't blame you. That's why I take my hover board to places when I don't wanna walk."

Baymax looked at Hiro. "Your emotional state has improved. I can deactivate if you say you are satisfied with your care."

Nina furrowed her eyebrows, not wanting Baymax to be gone. "What?" Hiro asked, shaking his head. "No, I don't want you to deactivate."

"Yeah, me neither." Nina speaks up. She looks over as Hiro stands in front of them. "We still have to find that guy. So, fire up that super-sensor."

She stands up as Baymax does while he scans the city. "You think this will work?" She questions, looking over at Hiro who nodded. "I'm sure it will."

"1000% increase in range...I have found a match..." Nina and Hiro look in the direction Baymax was pointing at, surprised to see an island. "on that island."

So Nina and Hiro went back to Fred's mansion to get everyone and head to the island to find the guy in the mask. Nina was squished between Honey and Hiro, Gogo was on the other side of Hiro while Baymax held Wasabi and Fred.

"Killer view." Gogo commented while Honey nodded in agreement.

"If I wasn't terrified of heights, I'd probably love this." Wasabi said, tightly holding onto Baymax's arm. "But I'm terrified of heights, so I don't love this."

"There." Hiro pointed to the island they flew nearby. "Baymax take us in."

Baymax lands and everyone gets off of him. "Awesome!" Fred jumps up and down. "Our first landing together as a team."

Nina glances around the place, noticing caution signs, and danger signs. "Guys, come on." Hiro whispered, gesturing them to follow him to the building a few feet away from them.

"'Quarantine'?" Wasabi asks in a nervous voice, pointing at the sign that read 'caution; quarantine area'. "Uh, do you people know what 'quarantine' means?"

Baymax then says the definition of quarantine as Wasabi noted that there was a skull face on one of the signs. "Wasabi might have a point." Nina spoke up, nervously biting her lower lip as she walked between Hiro and Honey.

"Be ready." Hiro whispered to them. "He could be anywhere."

The six of them scream when they hear rustling, immediately attacking whoever or whatever that was in front of them. They stopped after a few seconds, realizing that it was only a pigeon. It tilted its head at them before it flew away.

"That was a bird." Fred said.

"Well," Honey chuckles. "at least we know our gear works."

After finding a door to enter the building, Wasabi uses his plasma blades to cut a big enough circle for them to get through the metal door that was locked revealing a tunnel on the other side.

They get into the tunnel, walking while Fred sings. "Six intrepid friends, led by Fred. Their leader, Fred, Fred's Angels. Mm-mmm. Fred's Angels. Mm-mmm. Harnessing the power of the sun with the ancient amulet they found in the attic. Mm-mmm. The amulet is green. Mm-mmm. It's probably an emerald-"

"Fred, I will laser you in the face." Wasabi interrupted him, having enough of him singing.

"Guys, shush." Hiro told them. He looked at Baymax. "Any sign of him, Baymax?"

"This structure is infering with my sensor." Baymax responded.

"Perfect." Wasabi sarcastically commented. "The robot's broken."

Nina stayed back when she noticed Honey stopped at a door that was slightly open. "What is it, Honey?" She inquired, walking over to Honey.

Honey gestured for them all to come over to her. "Uh, guys, you might wanna see this." She pushes the door open all of the way, revealing two machines that were the same, but one was completely destroyed while the other one was partly damaged.

"What do you think it is, genius?" Gogo asks, looking at Hiro.

"I'm-I'm not sure." He stammers, but points to a symbol on the machine. "But look."

"Hiro." Honey got his attention, pointing at a control room that had a red light on.

The group walked over to it and Fred kicked the door open. They all walk in and Nina furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed a big screen that had the same bird symbol that was on the end of the machine outside of this control room.

Hiro pressed a button, and nine small screens popped up. All of them were blank besides one which showed Alistar Krei along with officers and people in lab coats who all had panic expressions.

Hiro pressed another button, and a security system video that was recorded played. It was of Krei and other business people walking up to one of the machines that Nina just found out were portals. Krei introduces the project as Silent Sparrow and as he does that the portals turn on. After asking politely and waiting for a response, he then takes the General's hat and throws it into the portal. Nina's eyes widened when a few seconds later the hat appeared outside of the other portal where a worker caught it.

"Woah. Magic hat." Fred commented and Nina rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "I'm pretty sure it's not a magic hat."

The worker throws the hat back into the portal and the hat comes back out to where Krei and the other people were standing. He then explains teleportation as he hands the hat back to the General.

They walk back into the control room and Krei makes sure that someone named Abigail was ready for a ride.

The girl, Abigail, got into a ship, and as a women counted off the time before she was ready to be sent into the portal, one of the workers in the control room said that he noticed something was different in the magnetic containment field and if he was nervous he didn't act like it as he told the worker to continue moving forward.

The ship Abigail got in zoomed into the portal and Nina furrowed her eyebrows when one of the workers shouted to abort and when another said they lost all contact. Her eyes grow wide as the right portal looks like it was about to explode no matter how hard Krei and the workers try to do everything they can to get Abigal back.

She watches with surprise as the first portal starts sucking everything in it and she noticed that the glass of the windows in the control room were being pulled towards the portal as well. The General yelled at Krei to shut it down and he immediately does as he's told. After the portal was shut down the General then stated that he wanted the island to be sealed off.

"The government shut down Krei's experiment." Hiro realized.

"And he's using your microbots to steal his machine back." Honey added.

"Krei's the guy in the mask." Hiro said with wide eyes. Nina glanced over her shoulder when she heard movement, her eyes widening at seeing microbots holding up a really big cement block.

"Oh no." Baymax said before she could tell them what was happening. Everyone turned around just as the cement was thrown at them.

A/N lol i honestly think that fred's theme song is catchy.