Chpater 5

Chapter 5
Third POV
    That night the sheriff went to Thomas, Stiles, and Scott asking if they could help him with something. It was about a case of a family that died in a car crash and their eight-year-old was never found. The three boys decided to go out and search where the car was left. They walked through the woods following the directions that the sheriff had given them.  They trekked through the woods. Thomas and Scott in front holding lights. Stiles a little behind them with Scott's phone flashlight on. 

    They ended up at a ditch where Scott and Thomas easily jumped down. Stiles had more trouble slipping and losing his grip on Scott's phone dropping it in a puddle. Watching his phone fall Scott sighed, grabbing it out checking it to see if it still worked.  

    They found the scene of the wreck fairly quickly after that. The car was flipped so that the wheels were in the air and the roof of the car was against the ground. The trio looked inside the windows and around the car to see if they could find anything that still had the missing girl's scent. 

    Stiles saw something small and pink so he reached in for it. He pulled his hand out after grasping the item in his hand. Moving it towards the light the other two boys were shining around. All three screamed when they noticed the deformed doll. Stiles dropping the doll and jumping away from it. 

    Then they heard a growl coming from a little ways away from the crash site. A coyote was standing in front of its den just off to the side of where the engine laid. It growled showing its teeth. Thomas moved the flashlight's beam towards the animal so they could see how big it was but the coyote took off. 

    Scott ran after it, chasing it through the woods. The coyote jumped a ditch hoping to lose Scott but he just kept on following. Scott eventually got the coyote to turn around when he shifted and let out a growl of his own. She flashed her eyes blue, shocking Scott. 

    "Malia," He asked. The coyote ignored him, turning and running away. Scott ran back to Thomas and Stiles, going to tell them the news he had just seen.

    Getting back to the scene of the car wreck he told the siblings what he had seen.

    "It's Malia the coyote," Scott said as he approached the two at the mouth of the den. They found blankets and clothes of an eight-year-old girl. 

    "I guess we should call dad and see what he says," Stiles said, taking Scott's phone and stepping out of the den.  The police arrived within 10 minutes. What they didn't expect was for the FBI to begin an investigation. 

    "UH Scott, what's your dad doing here?" Stiles asks to point towards the FBI agent.
    "Stiles what are you, um okay my dad's here," Scott said as he turned around.
    The agent walked away from his team to approach the group of teens. 

    "Why does it seem like whenever there is an investigation in this town you two are at the center of it," Agent McCall said. 

    Scott just rolled his eyes not even looking at his dad. The agent stopped noticing the third person in the group. 

    "I see your back Thomas," He said a little coldly to the boy. 

    "Mr. McCall I see you can't handle a big case of missing teens so they sent you to this small town" Thomas shot back. Stiles and Scott had to hold in their laughter but it didn't work very well. Both boys ended up letting out quiet laughs as the Agent tried to compose himself. 

    The sheriff began talking to Agent McCall about the case and how they had closed it ruling it as an accident. The Sheriff also waved the three boys away telling them to go home. The three boys walked out of the woods together going their separate ways and going home.