Chapter Twelve: The Capture

Avelle turned over to see who her captor was. It was the boy who told her that she had the wrong amount of bowls. It was the boy who told the awful jokes. It was Jimmy.

"Avelle!" he said, "I love you and I'll love you forever! You only have to abandon everything and everyone you ever cared about and spend time with me and only me. We will be together forever, soulmates.I will be the greatest and only joy of your life! And you won't ever sing your awful songs again. You'll give up everything for me. Because you love me, right?"

This was the first time Avelle had anyone ever declare romantic love for her and it was.....laughable. Avelle knew that Jimmy was a jerk and definitely not her soulmate.

Jimmy leaned in for a kiss. He closed his eyes and stuck out his lips. Avelle was appalled. How could this be the 'soulmate' love that is valued so much? Capture and forcibly kiss and enslave? That seemed to be Jimmy's plan. So, Avelle did what any girl would logically do when they are being forcibly kissed, she punched him. Hard. On the mouth. Where the germs are.

Jimmy cried out in pain. "Why would you do that? Don't you love me???"

"Why would you stick out your mouth like that?" asked Avelle, "First you capture me in a net and then you threaten to take everyone and everything I love away from me and THEN you try to forcibly kiss me. I hate you. I am not your soulmate. I have enough self esteem to know you suck."

Avelle broke off a branch to use as a weapon. She proceeded to smack Jimmy in the face with her stick. Then, Avelle used it to pry the net off of the branch it rested on. Then, they heard a yelp. It was high pitched and belonged to a girl.

"I have another one!" cheered Jimmy. "A backup soulmate."

Avelle was disgusted. She couldn't believe Jimmy. She poked him in both of his eyes with her stick and shoved the stick in his mouth. Before he could react, she threw the net over him. She needed to save the girl who would be fated to become Jimmy's 'soulmate'. She ran towards the direction of the scream.

It was Phoenix. As fast as she could, Avelle untangled the net that was entrapping Phoenix.

"Thank you!" she said, "But who is doing this?"

Avelle looked around. "It was Jimmy."

"The dude with the bad jokes?"

"Yeah, that's him."

"I got it!" screamed a voice. "I found the solution to the mirror!"

"Jimmy, I'm warning you--" began Phoenix.

Bradley raised his hands in the air, "I'm not Jimmy, I'm Bradley."

"Thank god," sighed Phoenix.

"I am Jimmy!" said Jimmy, who had finally untangled himself from the net. "And I--"

"Am outnumbered," Avelle finished. "Give it up. And while you're at it, don't kidnap people, it's not nice."

Then, Eris appeared. "I knew I should have kicked you out of the games earlier. You cannot go around being a jerk and expect white boy privilege to save you! It doesn't work here."

"What do you mean?" Jimmy asked stupidly.

"You are eliminated and you are not a Mystical."

Jimmy began to protest, but with a wave of Eris's broom, Jimmy was gone. "There!" Eris huffed, "Now we don't have to deal with him."

"Did you just--?" Bradley began.

"No, I didn't kill him if that's what you are wondering. I just sent him back to the real world. Now, shoo! You have a destiny to find."