Chapter Fourteen: The Return

"Well, I have to say, this was one of the most successful Mystical initiation game show I had ever hosted!" announced Eris. "Only one person didn't make it!"

A wave of concern washed over the crowd. Avelle, Bradley and Phoenix shared a glance.

"Oh, don't worry!" said Eris, "I didn't kill him! I kicked him out. Usually I have to kick at least two people out. I've only had one game where anyone died. And I was new when that happened!

"Anyways, the games are over! The contests are over! You've all done it! Congratulations! You are all Mysticals!"

The crowd went wild. Cheers and whoops spread the crowd like wildfire. Avelle wanted to cheer, but she had a vague feeling that something wasn't right.

"Wait!" she cried. "I want to go back to earth!"

Everyone was stunned, including Avelle herself. Why would she go home? This world was a paradise, the real world was dull, cold and unforgiving.

"There is so much wrong with the real world," began Avelle.

"That's why we are leaving!" objected someone.

Avelle continued, "This world is a paradise, and I've learned so much about myself here. I want to take this knowledge back to earth. I want to help improve the world."

"But what about us?" aske Bradley, "You'll never see us again!"

Avelle could feel the tears behind her eyes. She didn't want to leave her new friends behind, but she respected the fact that they wanted to stay here.

"This warms my frozen heart!" said Eris, wiping imaginary tears from her eyes, "I need to go freeze it again. Take these mirror phones. They will let you communicate with each other."

Avelle turned to face Phoenix, "Two Songbird Sisters, two worlds to revolutionize."

The trio hugged each other. Eris opened a portal and Avelle walked through it.

Avelle was back in the orphanage kitchen, the mirror phone still clutched tightly in her hand. She took the mirror and recorded the song that Phoenix wrote her. She sent a copy of the video to Phoenix. This was it, the beginning.