Prologue

"What if I told you I couldn't live without you, Shanice?"

"Then I would tell you to die, Dante,"

"You don't mean that, mi amor."

"Oh, but I do. I really do."

Dante's eyes pleaded with her as he searched her eyes for any show emotion. He reached his hand out to grab her but not before she stepped back, daring him to take a step closer.

"Im going to go now. I hope everyone is happy they finally got what they wanted, and you have no one but yourself to blame Dante." Turning around to leave, Shanice put one foot in front of the other willing her body to leave and not turn around.

"Shanice, you know I won't let you get away that easy I love you," Dante called out to her, his voice dripping with desperation.

"You don't have a choice in the matter, Dante. That what you seem to be forgetting. You gave that up the moment you made the decision you did. And at this moment, Dante, I feel no love for you, so don't waste your time." Not bothering to turn back around and look at him, Shanice continued to make her way out of the room. Her outside persona dripping with firmness, but inside she crumbled to pieces as those words came out of her mouth.

Dante stood behind and watched as she walked out of the room. Out of his life. A lonesome tear rolled down his face as he stood helpless, watching everything he loved leave him behind.