Needles and Pins

"Which one Nina for real im being serious pink or blue?" I asked over facetime. My phone was propped up on the dresser inside my closet as I held up two different dresses for her to pick from.

"The blue one you wore pink on Wednesday." She reminded me.

"Oh yeah, you're right, and the pink brings out my eyes more." I agreed and lay the blue dress down on the bed and hanging back up the pink

"Shanice, do me a favor on this date?" Nina started. I rolled my eyes slightly, already anticipating what she was going to say.

"What is it?"

"Please don't jump to any conclusions about him or his family or anything for that matter. Just be calm before this date. Maybe smoke some weed or something but rest your nerves, girl, ok?"

"Yes, Nina, I will thank you very much." I agree laughing at her bluntness. "I'm actually excited," I admitted to her as I sat on my vanity fixing my hair and adding the last touches to my makeup, even though that only consisted of eyeliner, lashes, and lip gloss.

"As you should be, he's cute, and he is rich. What more is there to ask for?" She answered, scoffing at me.

"You know there is more to a guy than his face and his wallet Nina."

"Yes, but nothing I care about. I mean, look at Richard and me."

"You and Richard?" I cut her off, shocked she even claimed him.

"Ignore the fact I just said that. But yes, he isn't ugly, and neither are his pockets. So we click, and that is a positive thing. You can have that too, sis." She continued.

"He hasn't even asked me to be his girlfriend yet. I mean, this is only our third time going on a date, but we'll see what happens." I shrug, standing up from my vanity and getting ready to slip on my dress.

"He will, though just be patient, but not too patient still make him apply that pressure." She advised me.

"Oh, trust I will do that. Im about to get dressed tho so I'll text you before I leave."

"It's nothing I haven't seen before, girl." She smirked with a laugh.

"Nina, you tire me out. Wait, have you mentioned anything to Richard about you being bisexual?"

"No, not yet, everything is on a need-to-know basis with him, and this is definitely one of the things he does not need to know."

"Yeah, I agree it's too early for them to need to know any of that, to be honest," I replied.

"Mhmm," Nina nodded in agreement.

"Alright, for real this time, I need to get ready, so I'll talk to you later, ok."

"Let me know how it goes, sis. I love you."

"Love you too. Bye, babe." I ended the call and went back to getting ready." I was excited about the date, and from what I could gauge, he was excited too, so maybe something would come of it. I sure did hope so, at least.

After getting dressed, it was almost six, and Dante would be here any moment. I gave myself one more once over right as my doorbell rang.

"Coming," I shouted, slipping my shoes on and making my way towards the door. My heart skipped a few beats when I opened the door. "Wow," I said, unable to stop myself from taking him in.

"Hello to you too, gorgeous," he teased, clearly aware of his effect on me.

"Very funny," I rolled my eyes at him jokingly.

"You look amazing. May I?" He asks, holding out his hand to me. I place my hand in his with a gentle smile. He pulls me into him quickly, wrapping his hand firmly around my waist. "Roll your eyes at me again, and we'll have a problem capisce?" My throat became dry, and I felt a wave of shivers down my spine.

"Answer me, tesoro," He repeated

"Mhmm," I managed to mutter out.

"We should go, or we'll be late." He stated, ushering me out of the house. I regain my composure and follow him out the house.

We arrived at the restaurant I suggested about twenty minutes later. The drive was filled with a comfortable silence.

"Isn't it nice?" I ask him as he opened my door and helped me out of the car.

"Vey tesoro, you have good taste." He smiled at me sweetly.

"I guess you could say that. I mean, look who I'm here with," I replied teasingly.

"Well, if the food isn't good, then I might be offended." He teased me back.

"Yeah, whatever you'll see. Let's just go," I laugh.