16

Alex POV;

The Next Day

Okay so last night I got totally drunk. After the conversation we had with the Yermolov's I was ready to not remember anything else from that night.

Im currently sitting at the kitchen table waiting for my brothers so we can go to school but they're taking forever. My parents left to New York for business early this morning so it's just us.

25 minutes later while scrolling through my insta feed I hear my brothers walking into the kitchen. We're going to be late to school because they couldn't wake up on time. Correction we're already late and they seem to not give a fuck.

The drive to school was boring to say the least. We're all hungover and can't be bothered to converse with each other or even listen to music. We get to school walk in. The halls are empty but makes sense since first period is halfway over. The good thing about high school or whatever is we don't need late passes or anything like that. We go our separate ways and before I go to class I decide to go to the restroom.

The entrance to the restrooms don't have doors, just a zig zag typa wall so privacy is kind of a no go unless you're in an actual stall. Anyways, as I get closer I can hear talking and as the nosy bitch I am decide to not make my presence known just to hear some tea. All the bitches who go to this school anyways sound the same so even if I wanted I couldn't make out who was talking.

Not like I know the whole school but you know what I mean.

I stand leaning against the wall just hearing the conversation or part of it at least.

"Nam uzhe nuzhno sdelat' khod. Oni pytalis' vchera vecherom, no im otkazali. Kak oni smeyut tak unizhat' menya i moyu sem'yu? Oni poluchat to, chto im predstoit. Oni ne znayut moyu nastoyashchuyu lichnost', i dazhe yesli by oni uznali, bylo by slishkom pozdno. Nikto menya ne znayet, oni kupili etu duratskuyu istoriyu, kotoruyu mne skazali rasskazat'. Sem'i Martines i Lorentso zaplatyat."

I know i'm not hearing things. I need to put an end to these fuckers once and for all. They've tried once but it won't happen again. We didn't know who it was but this right here just confirmed my suspicions.

I remember as if it were yesterday when my mother along with my brothers were at the receiving end of an attack that tore our family apart and almost killed them. We were going to dinner in the town. I was being indecisive and couldn't decide what to wear. Our reservations were at 7 and it was already 6:45. The rest of my family was ready and were just waiting on me. My father being the father he was told my brothers and mother to go ahead. We didn't want to lose the reservation and we could just drive ourselves. He stayed with me and helped me find something to wear. After, we found me outfit we were on our way to meet the rest of my family at the restaurant.

Except my mother and brothers never made it to the restaurant. Somewhere along the way they were shot at and then driven off the road. They didn't have protection because we never needed it. Father was always alongside us and in his words would die before someone hurt his family. Me and my father didn't know till we were on our way and came across a car that looked way too familiar. The black suv with heavily tinted windows with the license plate I memorized just in case was flipped over. Bullet holes riddled the doors and windows and The whole right side of the car was smashed in. We pulled over and ran to the car.

We sat hopelessly till help arrived since we couldn't do anything. They were trapped inside and to make matters worse, it caught fire. The driver was dead and little did we know so was my brother. My mom, unconscious and my brothers falling in and out of consciousness.

At the hospital we learned the fate of my brother. Taken out of the world before he even entered it. My unborn baby brother Reyes Martinez murdered. My mom was hurt of course she was. Mentally and physically. She had a concussion a severe one add the loss of her baby into that, it was a dark time. My twin brothers, broken bones and mild concussions.

The doctor said they were lucky to be alive.

That night my father was on the phone for longer than he was off of it. Barking orders at his men to find the people responsible for hurting his family in such a malicious way. He was contacting the family of our beloved driver Gerald, making funeral plans, sendíng condolences, etc.

Little did we know that the night the accident happened whoever planned this was hoping for us all to be in the car. They didn't know my father and I stayed back at the house and left later than the rest of my family.

They wanted us all to die.

They don't know I know. But i'm onto them, I'll put an end to their plans before they can even start them again.

I decide i've heard enough. I put my poker face on and walk into the restroom. I don't bother to make it a mission to see who is in here. I don't want to be suspicious now. I walk into the stall and do my business. They're still talking but now in english and about random stuff now.

I finish and got to wash my hands and take my leave. Before I can leave, I'm stopped in my tracks by someone talking to me

"Look what the cat dragged in. By the way happy birthday Alex."

Mustering up the fakest smile I can with the nicest voice I can use I force out a reply before leaving.

"Thanks Ashley."

*Writers block is a bitch 🙄 anyways hope you enjoy more updates coming soon bbys 😚😚