17

Alex POV;

Walking out of the restroom it's already time for second period. The halls are filled with kids trying to get to their classes and others who just don't give fuck. I decide to wait for my brothers and let them know we need to have a meeting asap.

Passing period is almost over and they're still not here. Making the executive decision to just wait till lunch to talk to them I head to me next class. Before I know it, class is over and it's time for lunch. Walking into the lunch room stares are thrown my way as usual. Everyone is already sitting down leaving just me to sit.

Heys and small talk is thrown around for the first few minutes and I realize everyone's staring at me. "Sorry what?" i ask.

"We just wanted to know what's got you so tense? We can tell when you walked in something was up."

"Not here, theres too many ears. Ven a mi casa después de la escuela, te lo explicaré." (Come to my house after school, i'll explain)

"What's happening sis? Tell us now."

"I said after school Josiah. Not here and especially not without mom & dad." and with that I walk off.

After School

My parents just got back. They were supposed to stay longer but for some reason they've never really liked New York. They stay there till as long as needed and then come back home.

I go to my room and change and decide it's time to tell my revelations.

"Okay I called this meeting or whatever you like to call it because I came across some interesting information at school today. We got to school late and before I went to class I went to the restroom. I recorded it because the language they were speaking was very sus to me." I take out my phone and play the recording.

"Nam uzhe nuzhno sdelat' khod. Oni pytalis' vchera vecherom, no im otkazali. Kak oni smeyut tak unizhat' menya i moyu sem'yu? Oni poluchat to, chto im predstoit. Oni ne znayut moyu nastoyashchuyu lichnost', i dazhe yesli by oni uznali, bylo by slishkom pozdno. Nikto menya ne znayet, oni kupili etu duratskuyu istoriyu, kotoruyu mne skazali rasskazat'. Sem'i Martines i Lorentso zaplatyat."

(We need to make a move already. They tried last night and were told no. How dare any of them humiliate me and my family like that. They will get whats coming to them. They don't know my true identity and even if they found out it would be too late. No one knows me, they bought that stupid ass story I was told to tell. The Martinez and Lorenzo families will pay. )

By the time the recording was over they were fuming. "Please tell me you know who said all this" my father said.

"We've NEVER heard ANYONE speak russian at school and we've been going there for a long time" my twin brothers add.

"Of course I do papá. Josiah's stalker Ashley Johnson or should I say Eshli Yermolov." i say proudly.

After I heard the recording I reached out to some people and figured out who Ashley really was. She was russian. Of course no one could guess it because she has NO ties to the mafia. She wasn't trained, doesn't know the business aspect and certainly can't pass as being part of the Yermolov family. They claim her when it is beneficial to them. Sad really. Anyways back to the point.

" Eshli as in Vasili's niece and Maxim's cousin? The one who's hand in marriage was offered to one of your brothers?"

"I would assume so papá. But don't worry your guys heads! I have a plan and something tells me yous guys won't like it but it's a good thing i'm telling you and not asking. As for the plan here it is."

Mateo POV;

"You're kidding right? This is such a stupid plan. You could get yourself hurt or even worse dead." i tell her once we're in private.

After she told her famous plan no one agreed. It was risky. Simple as that. She sat for over an hour arguing with her family as to why this plan should be executed. I don't know how it happened or why but her father agreed. No one else, just her father. That's the only approval she needed because once she heard the words come out his mouth she dropped the subject and stopped anyone from trying to make any objections.

"You DON'T get it Mateo. I NEED to avenge my brother and family. They're responsible for this, I know they are. This is happening whether you or anyone else likes it or not. My father said yes so anyone else's opinions are irrelevant. My father never would have agreed if my mother wasn't okay with it. Don't act like you're my boyfriend. Whatever we had is done not sure what it was but it's done. In order for this plan to work, it has to be that way. Go cry about it or something. Frankly I don't give a fuck. Just leave."

And with that I walked away just like she asked. She wants me to not give a fuck?

Sure.

Alexandra who?

Alex POV;

I cannot deal with Mateo and his shit right now. My only focus is getting my plan to perfection. Nothing can go wrong I won't allow it.

I need to be prepared for tomorrow and whatever bullshit is thrown my way.

I need to make sure they're not onto me.

Im broken out of my thoughts when my mother enters my room. "Hija I love you. You don't need to do this. We can avenge Reyes a different way. I can't bear the thought of losing another one of my kids too. Please Alex, think this through."

"I'll be fine mom. I want and need to do this. You won't lose me, I promise. You have nothing to worry about not now not ever. I love you. Im going to bed, don't worry mamá."

After getting ready for bed you know brushing my teeth, washing my face, taking a shower. I find myself laying down thinking, praying, all of the above. The events in two days will affect my future no matter the outcome, i just hope it's positively.

_

*What do you think the plan is? Most importantly what's going to happen with Mateo and Alex? 👀