10 - The Save And Memories

1299 words

~~~~~~~~

You make it there to the base your tracker leads you too. "Wow.. hasn't changed a bit" You sneak in looking around for any sight of Laura. You see a scientist enter a room, you hear a glimpse of what could be inside. And you weren't happy to hear a voice scream in pain.

Not just any voice, but Laura's. You throw one of your knifed boomerangs so it wouldn't close all the way. As you enter, you grab it, not expecting the door to close shut. You try and break free but to no avail. "Hello again, y/n, it's a pleasure to meet you again." You grind your teeth. "Hello, dr. Fragile" the lights turn on and you're in an all white room with hydra soldiers surrounding you.

"Where is Laura?" He chuckles, sounding like you've met death, cold and nothing. "Here, but in another part of the building" you could hear muffling next to him "lies.." everything went cold. You felt your blood go cold, along with your mind.

"Fine" you lift your hand up "na ah, I have your necklace" you smirk "And i have my memories" you see as his eyes go wide "no! Y-you can't remember that!" You reply "oh but I do, my power, manipulation" you bring out the other hand and with both of them out, palm facing down, and fingers spread.

You focused all of your attention to the soldiers heart beats, and their blood flow, closing your eyes in the process. "GET HIM!" The dr says. They all attack at once. "One step" 4 of them jump at you, you dodging, "two step" another 5 attack with guns, you still dodging "three step" 6 others trying to stab you, but still to no avail. "Launch" your hands go up, all of them dropping their weapons.

Opening up your eyes, now being (f/c). You point a finger down, making them pick back up their guns, then crossing your fingers, making them point at each other and dr. "Three" the doc stays still, a sweat coming down. "Two" the men start getting nervous now. "On-" you get interrupted by the doctor yelling "ok!!" He nods towards one of his henchmen to untie Laura. He does as told, gidding her towards the room you were in.

Once she was with you, you say "one" them all shooting at each other and the doc. Your eyes go normal, and your body goes numb. She catches you and helps you back up "thanks Laura" she smiles "thank you, mi amigo" you smile, come on we can take the rest down. She nods, you both leaving the room.

(Couple hours later)

You and her make it to the tower very weak. You walk through the people who were at the desk, but the woman at the front desk stops you, you give her a look that says 'back off' she does so and goes back to doing her work. "F.R.I.D.A.Y" the AI replies very nicely "yes, aSASSin, how may i help you?"

"Take me to the compounds'' the AI scans you and Laura then replies "of course, would you like me to inform the others, along with bruce, it seems that you are very dehydrated and that your blood flow is low." you stand up straight, "no i am.. Fine" you almost fall again.

Once the elevator door opens you see the others, with their arms crossed and some tapping their feet. "Hey, guys" Laura looks at all of them and bows, "I am sorry for the trouble i have caused" they look at eachother, "apology excepted, but you won't be off that easy" Mrs. Romanoff says. She nods and is about to help you but you push her away. "Bruce may you please help Laura. She has some injuries."

"I can, but it seems you are hurting as well," he says with a serious and concerned voice. The avengers look at you up and down. "Im fine, just need water" you limp to the kitchen, as bruce takes her to the med.

"Why did you help her?" Loki comes and sits next to you "she's my friend, and the only family i have left, really." he nods, understanding. "May you please, tell me about your past?" your eyes widen "well.. Gosh, where do i start"

(flash back)

You were walking home with your family. Happy and smiling. But as usual, something must always end such beautiful moments. And of course it was a day the hydra came.

You were playing with your toys, on the floor of your living room. A knock was heard from the front door. "I'll get it!" you hear your mother say. You had a strange feeling of telling her, not to open it. For the person on the other side, had a heart that did not beat very well. But you kept quiet. "Um, excuse me, but, who-" you heard a ringing after that. Men started surrounding you.

"Grab the boy!" you ran to the corner of the room, terrified. "Why is he important?" one guy says pointing a gun at you, "he has an ability that can be enhanced, and useful" they were about to grab you, but you lifted your hand and cracked their risks.

You run, but are shot by a trampleiser. You start slowing down then fall. The men grab you, punching you. They throw you in a van. You were brought to a base with soldiers. You enter an area that has frozen people, shots, machines and so much more.

You were set on a table with straps on them. You couldn't move if you even wanted to. All you could feel was the pain that couldn't come out. The only thing that showed was numbness and the tears coming from you blinking eyes.

A month has gone by, and you could use your power better. It was more enhanced as well. You could manipulate multiple minds, blood and their whole body. There was a drawback though, your own blood would slowly stop flowing, and your hydration levels would decrease. "Again!!" the dr yelled. "Yes sir!" you started fighting multiple soldiers, with a breeze. You were just recently injected with a medicine that kicks in when a strong emotion is felt.

You start to get frustrated and tired of how much they are putting work on you, after all, you were only seven. Your anger increases, your blood goes cold. And you stop all the men, floating them to the air. The doc was astounded, but the governor was not. You flick your hands, making the soldier's neck break, then dropping them.

You look towards the doctor, dr. fragile, to wait to be escorted out to your room. "You may go," he says, stepping aside for you to go. You walk to your room flopping down, falling fast asleep.

You wake up drowsy, men in suits carrying you to a big toob. "NO, YOU CAN'T!!" you hear the doc say. "He is too dangerous!" the man said who sounded like the governor. You then feel a cold sensation spread through your body, slowing down your heart rate, and everything going dark.

(end of flashback)

You look to Loki, seeing he is concerned for you. "And what?" you sigh, "then, i woke up to someone slowly bringing me out of the toob, along with dr. fragile, they were most likely hydra, i met Laura, and practically grew up with her... then I escaped, leaving her."

Loki gives you a hug, you push it away, "im good" you gulp down your water and leave. You feel a tear fall down your face, having everything you said sink in more "i should have stopped you.. F-from opening that door" you say, remembering your mother. You fall to the ground, hugging yourself. "I'm sorry" you say just below a whisper.