E! Update

Becky C to be part of Julie and the Phantoms cast

Rebecca Amora Maria Castillo or popularly known by her stage name Becky C  has been recruited  for Netflix's newest show, Julie and the Phantoms.

Unless you've been absent from society for the past decade you know all about the rising star. Born in Los Angeles, United States and raised in Buenos Aires Becky C has been active in the music industry since she was 12 years old. She attended On Beat Studio with her older sister Violetta, who is also involved in the music and film industry. Both girls are heiresses to their father's construction company. Their father being multi-billionaire Herman Castillo and their mother the late Maria Saramego. Maria was a famous musician and opera singer who passed away suddenly when Rebecca was only 2 years old. Years after Rebecca and Violetta have put out a number of originals, including I'm Alive and All Around the World. At 17 she released Becky on the Block and two years later put out Shower which has recently had a Tiktok dance. Last year she put out another album which has been sitting on number one on the Billboard charts in the U.K, U.S, Argentina and France for the last 7 weeks and continues to sit on number one. We are excited to see this Argentine talent on the big screen once again after her debut on A-X-L as Sara Reyes in 2018 and Trini Kwan aka the Yellow Power Ranger in Power Rangers 2017.