Can't Stop Dancing

"And closing the night is Becky C performing her hit new song Can't Stop Dancing," says the guy through the screen. My sister and I are watching Becky's live performance at the BMMA Music Awards. "You are so lucky you are friends with her!" starts Meg as she vibes to the song. I keep my eyes on the TV as we watch. This girl is so talented ."She's quite a talented young lady." comments our mom as she joins us and even does a little dance. "Go mom!" I cheer and join her. We start laughing and dive into our snacks on the table/ The way she has the crowd so into it is so amazing to watch. She was born to perform. "Charlie!" I hear and this interrupts my thoughts.

"Why are you yelling?" I ask holding my poor ears. 

"I was calling your name for a whole 5 minutes with no response but you were too busy thinking about Miss Latina to hear me."

"What no, she's just a good friend."

"UH she's just a friend," mocks Meg and I hurl a pillow at her. Somewhere deep down I knew she was write. that smile made me crazy! There's a picture we took when we were filming season one and I've kept it as my background for a while now. I think I like Becky C...

Becky

"Speech, Speech. Speech!" I hear the crowd cheer. I blush as the audience goes wild for us and my dancers nudge me towards the podium. "Thank BMMAs for having us. It's was really an honour to be here. The support you guys as fans have given me as been increasing overwhelmingly. Thank you to my family and friends watching! And the fans and their much loved support. I love you guys so much. Peace and love." I say and blow a kiss and scurry off but remember something. "Oh and before I forget, don't forget to watch Julie and the Phantoms Seasons one and two streaming on Netflix and our interviews." I smile and then scurry off. 

"Sweetheart that was incredible!" says my dad as he lifts me up and twirls me like a little girl. 

"Thank you for being here for me Papi." I smile and spot Jules sleeping in her seat. "Already asleep?" I chuckle to myself. This time we stuck around until the event was over. 

"Mija?" starts dad. "I know you might not want this but I'd really love it if you came home with me, just for a few months you know? Vilu is coming to have the baby in Buenos Aires."

"Dad we have to finish the finale of the show. Can I think about it?" I say as my dad helps me into the car. "Home James please," I smile and take out my phone. Once we got home Dad and I ordered  some chicken from KFC and began our Netflix binge while we talked to my sister. Dad tucked Jules into bed and handed me the baby monitor. My phone started vibrating and I answered. "Hello,"

"Hi is this Miss Rebecca Castillo?"

"Yes this is she. How can I help you?"

"It's about the child in your care. We have found her a family very much interested in adopting her."

"Oh. "

"Please if you could come by the hospital first thing in the morning with the baby?"

"Yes of course." I cut the call.

"Who was that?" asks my dad now rubbing my knees. 

"The hospital, they found a family to adopt her dad. I'm not ready to let go," I choke and cry into his chest. I immediately stop myself so I don't wake her. "I think I'm gonna go for a drive," I say and grab my keys. "Where are you-" I close the door and drive off. "Alexa please call Owen,"

"Calling Lil Drummer Boy," 

"Hey Miss Super St-"

"They found a family for Julie," I say struggling to contain myself.

"You're joking me! Where are you? You sound like you're driving,"

"I am," I sniffle. "Can I come over?" I say struggling to keep my cool. "Because I'm already in the parking lot. "I'm coming to get you now." I wait in my car and silently cry. "Beck? Common let's go," he says holding me. He sets me down on the couch and gives me a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream. "I'm coming let me get you a blanket." he says going to his room. He disappears for a while and reappears with a grey fluffy blanket. "W-Where's Charlie?" I say looking around. 

"He's gone to see his mom." and I continue with my hot chocolate. "Look I know you're heart broken and so am I. Julie does deserve a good stable home with loving parents where she can go to school and make friends and live a normal life," he says rubbing my back. As soon as I finish my chocolate I throw myself into his chest. "You have such an enormous heart and I know she won't forget you." he says rubbing my shoulders. "You want to watch something?" I nod and we watch Friends. We hear a knock on the door and little drummer boy heads off to answer it. 

"Beck?" I turn and see Charlie.

"Charlie they're taking Jules," I say sniffling. He quickly hold me and I bury my face into his neck. He starts rubbing my back. "You're so strong, you are gonna get through this," he says smiling at me. He holds both my hands and starts into my eyes and kisses my fingers. "What if I never see her again?"

"Positivity, positive thoughts only," he says smiling. It then hits me, this is the first time I've ever been so hurt by anything I drove in frustration to a friends house. It was getting late so I decided to go back home. "Thanks guys, I have to get going. My dad has been calling me for a while now. Owen, I'll see you at 9 in the morning. Charlie I'm sorry for interrupting your family time, I never thought-" I get cut off by Owen.

"Girl it's 11:30 we're not letting you drive this late madam." he says taking away my car keys.

"But-"

"I just sent your dad a text and you can sleep in Charlie's room." 

"Ok so what's for dinner?" I ask as I head into their kitchen. "You can't be serious," I say looking into an almost empty fridge. "Somebody call pizza," We ordered like 4 pizzas and started our Netflix binge. I was sitting in between Charlie and Owen. "I'm beat, I'm gonna head to bed,"

"Night drummer boy,"

"Night Owen." I smile. It's just Charlie and I now watching Modern Family. I begin to doze off and crash leaning on Charlie's shoulder. I'm not completely asleep so I can still hear what's going on. I feel myself getting picked, my head still on his shoulder. I'm tucked gently into some blankets and I toss and turn to get comfortable. "So cute. I wish I had the courage to tell you how you make me feel. How much happiness you bring me. I want to take you out and spoil you. Goodnight," I felt him stand up from the bed.

"Wait..." I stop him and sit up. "Char I really like you too but I live all the way in Los Angeles and I travel constantly, especially back home. I really do like you but can we really make this work?"