Meeting Him: "Broken"

A/N: This is my first ever story and votes and comments will encourage me like anything. Let's target 50 views on this chapter.

Ancient Greece, 2000 years before present:

The hunt was setting up camp for the day, happy with the accomplishment of the day. They had successfully tracked and hunted down the Nemean Lion. They were about to light the bonfire when chaos ensued.

Everyone was shocked at the scream that reached them. The Goddess herself seemed shocked for a second, before realizing that it was the scream of a young girl.

"Zoe, take 5 hunters and come with me", ordered the Mistress of the Hunt. Zoe had paled at the incident before her mistress' order made her recover.

She nodded and said to the nearest five, "Grab your bows and follow me"

When the scouting party led by the goddess reached the clearing, another wave of shock passed through them.

About 20 yards from they where were standing, in the clearing, lay the body of a 19-year-old girl, bleeding from a fatal stab to the heart while a 40-year-old man stood there with a bloody knife in his hand and a sadistic satisfaction on his face.

The man had not seen the scouting party. The Goddess was seething. She along with her followers had notched their arrows tipped with Napalm. But before they could fire another scream filled the air.

On the opposite side of the clearing stood a messy black-haired boy of around 17 years of age. His sea-green eyes were filled with rage and sorrow as he dropped a handful of fruits he must have been collecting. Seeing the girl made him snap. He let another scream as the earth started to shake. As the hunters watched in horror, the boy became engulfed in a sea-green aura. The hunters especially the Goddess flinched at what happened next.

"DIE FILTHY BASTARD!!!", he bellowed. The whole stream flowing nearby rose to his command.

"What do you think my sister was! To you, we might be a slave, but she was my reason to live. You shall face my wrath. I will make sure women are safer by removing one of the offenders."

"Mercy...please have mercy", the man groveled.

The boy's eyes glinted with rage. "You're lucky Lady Artemis didn't find you before I could pig".

With a flick, the water came crashing down on that man effectively drowning and crushing the man at the same time. Just like that, his aura disappeared and he ran towards the girl howling and sobbing.

Artemis was stunned, stunned at what the boy just said and did for his sister, adopted sister; no, for the female race. Never had she ever seen a male like this. Never. Moreover, he used the exact words she and her hunters used to address males.

She asked the hunters to hide and approached him from behind.

"What happened here boy?", Artemis asked.

Not knowing who was behind him, he willed the water to rise again before he turned and realized who it was. Shocked, he dropped to his knees as did the water and started sobbing again.

"Lady Artemis...please help my sister. Please bring her back. She did nothing wrong. Why did she deserve this? Please end my misery. Please kill me" was the only thing he managed.

Artemis, who normally was cold towards the male race, couldn't help but feel sorry for the boy.

"Tell me, boy. What happened?"

The boy, his face in his hands, started explaining between sobs and gasps of air.

Apparently, the boy was Perseus Achilles, son of Poseidon. He knew he was a demigod because his mother had told him so. The girl who was killed was his adopted sister, adopted when he was 2. Their mother had died when he was 13 and had left them at the mercy of that cruel man who was their stepfather. He used to beat them both without any reason. "I never let him hit my sister much, I told him to beat me instead of her", he said. That man had tried to molest his sister many times always being held off by him. They had finally decided to run away and he had convinced her to join the Hunt while he would flee to a nearby city but were caught and chased by that man. They had been on the run for the last 2 days, with nothing to eat. When they thought they had lost him he had asked his sister to wait while he had gone to gather food. That was the last time he saw her alive.

"Men treat women like they are their property which they bought in a market. They expect their wives to remain loyal yet they cheat" spat Perseus.
"They think they are all-powerful, using every opportunity to gain more power. Arrogant, always taking all the credit. Acting as if they were born to treat women that way, helpless and powerless. That's why I begged to differ. To live by example. My mother taught me to respect women, treating them the way men wanted to be treated. To treat them equally."

Artemis was speechless. Never had she been left speechless by a male. Yet sitting right in front of her was the very contradiction of what she thought all males were. What is he?

Artemis was shaken out of her stupor when Perseus looked straight into her eyes and continued as tears still fell," My sister was my reason to live. Now that she has been murdered, I have lost the reason to live. I failed to save her. I couldn't become the example my mother wanted me to be. I failed my mother too. I failed to be a brother. I failed to be a son. I failed to be the man my mother envisioned me to be. Please Lady Artemis, end my misery. At least I would be able to be reunited with them"

A/N: Hope you enjoyed it. This phase is just a prologue type. Expect the next chapter very soon.

-KK42069