Protector Trial: "Keep You"

A/N: Uhh guys...HOW THE FUDGE DID I GET 360 VIEWS FOR JUST 2 CHAPTERS!!!?!!!. Anyway thanks for the support everyone. I really appreciate it. (*Happy Dance Intensifies*)

Please vote too, pressing the vote button doesn't take time or energy, does it? Please do it.

EDIT:

WTF?!! I JUST FREAKING CROSSED 500 READS!! HELL YEA!! Ty guys.

Artemis POV

As I and my lieutenant reached the camp borders, I asked the boy to stop. (I had asked the other huntresses other than Zoe to return to camp and not speak of the boy)

"Stop boy", I tell him. Zoe also stops and turns around at my side to face the boy.

"You shall not enter camp today. The huntresses may not like your presence just now. Find your shelter for tonight. I will explain to the huntresses about your trial for the position. I will meet you here tomorrow morning and only then will you enter the camp. Understood? If you follow, severe action will be taken."

At this, he bows again in that unorthodox style. "Understood Miladies.", he says and walks away to look for a shelter.

I pinch the bridge of my nose as he disappears from sight. I start wondering if I made the right decision but something told me he was bound to meet us. But how do I explain this to the hunters? They have not met him, they are most likely try to kill him. What if my father's chosen Protector is like those other males. What if I lose a worthy Protector if I let Perseus get killed or chased away.

"Milady what is bothering you?" Zoe asks, concerned as we start walking back. This shakes me out of my thoughts. Zoe is always there for me. She is more like my best friend rather than being my huntress, hence I share everything with her.

"Zoe, did I do something wrong in trusting that boy with the position? How shall I explain to the other hunters that he is to be the Protector even though we just met him? What if lose a worthy Protector if they don't accept Perseus?" I ask her.

Zoe just smiles, which believe me she rarely does. "Milady, I will help you explain. I never wanted to say this but I must. Perseus sure is different. The way he acted towards that pig who killed his sister and the way he talks to us and wants to redeem himself intrigues me. He sure deserves a chance to prove himself. My personal belief is that he may be the perfect Protector, trial or not."

This surprises me. Zoe was wronged by the male race yet she speaks so differently about Perseus. He once again has proved to be contrary to our beliefs of men. My surprise turns into confidence as I now strongly believe I made the right choice. One thought that still clings on is the fact that I have not seen him fight. Would he be capable enough?

Soon we reached the camp. I asked the girls to gather near the campfire after dinner since I had important news to share. At this, all ears perked up since all of them had heard the scream earlier and had experienced an earthquake. I tell them I would only tell by the campfire and leave Zoe in charge as I retire to my tent since I didn't feel hungry.

After about 45 minutes later, all the girls and I were seated around the fire. The girls were super excited at the thought of some new news. I still felt somewhat strange to explain to them about Perseus. After all, they were trained to hate men, apart from the fact what the male race had done to them. They also had not seen Perseus, hence more reason to not accept him. My only consolation was my lieutenant.

With a feeling of discomfort and strangely concern, I start telling them about Perseus, telling them about what happened to his sister and the man who was killed by him. I also tell them about his views on the male race and how his mother taught him to live by example. For once they were actually quite impressed at the thought that there existed men who are not total bullcrap natured. All was merry until that point. The point where I told them he was to be tried for being the Protector of the hunt.