War Prep: Unity is Strength

A/N: Sorry for the delay. I had 2 exams in a week so I had to take a forced break from writing. Hope this chapter makes up for it. 

Please join the Pertemis Discord Server. It has many other pioneering stories and you can interact with the authors themselves along with various Pertemis oriented roles and perks. You will also receive notifications and sneak peeks of stories you want to follow. Make sure to follow my story on the server.

Link to the server: https://discord.gg/WkyQBCNg 

---------------------------------------------

So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost

---------------------------------------------

Prev. Chap Summary:
Zoe regains consciousness inside Artemis's palace, sees the whole Hunt injured and strew across the palace, and finds Percy and Artemis missing. They realize their brother and mistress had sacrificed themselves to save the Hunt. Zoe and Atlanta go to the Council, everyone is shocked by the news, and Zeus orders everyone to start searching. 

Meanwhile, Artemis wakes up in an underground stronghold cell alongside Percy, wrapped in immortal restraining chains. She is subjected to torture and public humiliation at the hands of Gration, Orion, and Enceladus. Later when Percy wakes up, the same is done to him. For two weeks they are constantly tortured and assaulted before Damasen, the peaceful Gigante, unsuccessfully tries to rescue them and is sent to Tartarus. As a punishment for trying to escape, both are beaten almost to death. Percy snaps when Artemis's spine and hip bone are broken. He manages to generate power enough to overpower the chains and breaks free of them, proceeding to torture and kill Gration and Orion while Enceladus is left alive to bear the news of war declared by Percy.

With that, Percy destroys the whole place and carries Artemis and himself to safety. He prays to Hestia to rescue them and falls unconscious due to overuse of power. He wakes up three days later at Hestia's palace, having been healed by her. He learns two things, he wouldn't be able to use his power for a week, and Artemis was severely injured and wouldn't wake up for another month followed by 2 more months of bed rest. He reaches the Council and declares war on the Gigantes.

PRESENT:
Percy POV

"We are not waiting, we are declaring war on the Gigantes"

My voice rang loud and clear through the Throne room, creating echoes. If they were surprised to see me, now they were full-on gobsmacked round their heads. The deities were frozen in place, no doubt trying to comprehend what happened in the span of a few minutes. But I wasn't the one to give in. What I promised to Artemis, I will hold on to it. I would wreak havoc on the Gigantes. How dare they touch my Artemis? Going even further to humiliate her and getting satisfied by torturing her.

"Wh-what do you mean? Where is Artemis?" Athena asked, being the goddess of wisdom, she got over the initial shock quite easily. Hearing her voice, the Olympians recovered pretty quickly. Before I could answer, I was tackled in a giant hug by my father. "How are you, Percy?  What did they do to you? I will rip them apart for touching Artemis and you?" he growled out as storm clouds gathered and the room shook, mirroring his rage. The whole Council erupted in a volcano of chaos, many throwing questions at Percy at breakneck speeds, others trying to control father's rage. "Father, I am fine right now, physically. Torture they did but I didn't break. Mentally, though I can't say, not after I had to watch what they did to Artemis" I said.