Train and Rescue: Unforgivable

A/N: Sorry guys, the previous chapter was the worst I have ever written. It was actually kinda trash as evident from the lack of votes. And I personally felt it to be lacking too. Wrote it in like 3 days under super hectic conditions. I hope it doesn't happen again and hope this chapter makes up for it.
-------------------------------------------

I'm stronger than I ever was
'Cause I'm not afraid of the dark anymore
It's beautiful here all alone
I'm stronger than I ever was
And now I'm unbroken

-------------------------------------------

Percy POV

I closed my eyes as I leaned against the wall of the training arena, catching my breath. Apollo was flying quite low today, making the day damn hot. As soon as I closed my eyes, I sensed a mass of water-like substance hurtling towards me. I froze it midair and opened my eyes to see almost a gallon of wine frozen inches away from my face. 

"DION!!! Did you just try to splash me with wine" I asked the wine god who was now rolling on the floor of the arena, laughing hysterically. "DOOD! That would have been so funny if you actually got hit by flying wine" he sputtered out before laughing again.

Over the last 2 weeks that I had been training him, teaching him to manipulate wine, like I manipulated water, was the worst mistake. Initially, he would just scoff at being taught by a demigod. He would just do what I told him, never talking, and would walk away afterward. But within 2 days, he realized how much he sucked at weaponized combat and how freaking important it was for him. 

After his realization, he started talking a little bit. Telling me what weapon he preferred, or where he thought he lacked. After working on and trying many different weapons, we both found out that hunting knives and tridents were the weapons he was comfortable with along with throwing knives. And when I say comfortable, by no means I meant that he was good with them. It was that he was slightly better at using those weapons compared to other weapons. He was still horrible by Olympian standards. As days went by, he soon started to open up.

In no time, we were great buddies. Being previously a demigod himself, we had much in common. He had apologized for his earlier tantrums and even sheepishly confessed that it was because of his broken pride. We would train from 9 in the morning till 11, one hour break, then from 12 to 2 in the afternoon. 

After a week, he had shed whatever pride and ego he was still harboring and accepted wholeheartedly that I, a half-mortal, was actually teaching him, an Olympian. We would generally trade stories while we rested and bond like that. He would summon mocktails for me and wine for himself and I cooled them, as we talked and rested. He had told me that he had started hating demigods even though he had been one because of their nature. He was angry at Theseus for what he did to his wife and after seeing the same qualities in every hero, he had a general dislike for all of them. I understood his viewpoint and he accepted that I was not like them.

Back on training, he really, really was bad. The first day, I had handed him a sword and he failed epically. I had started with it since sword was my primary weapon along with a bow, but I had already learnt from Artemis that Dionysus couldn't be trusted with a bow, so I had dropped the idea. Dionysus had opted for a 5-feet long broadsword and when he approached a training automaton, he swung the sword so hard that he landed on his butt and not a scratch on the automaton. Later he tried a xiphos and a gladius but was disarmed within a moment by the automaton even at level 1 settings.

On his 2nd day, he was able to defeat the automaton twice, once with a trident and the other with hunting knives. Even though he sucked initially, he was a godsdamn fast learner. Within 5 days, he had worked on his trident skills quite a lot and had become decent enough to take on major monsters. The next day, we went to Hephaestus where we upgraded Dionysus's thyrsus. Now he could change it into an Olympian silver trident whenever he willed.