Olympus and Percy: "Best Friends"

A/N: In this story, Zeus is a chill guy. Still a little egoistical but nevertheless good.

--------------------------------------------

ON OLYMPUS, the day the prophecy was revealed

It was 5 in the morning. Zeus was pacing in his palace. He was worried, very worried. And it was not often that you saw him like that. Just ten minutes ago, the Fates had appeared in his dreams and told him to call a council meeting. The reason being, a great prophecy was to be revealed, one that questioned not only the rule of gods but also affected his daughter Artemis. Though he didn't show it in front of the council, he loved Artemis dearly. She was not just his favorite daughter, she was his favorite child. The prophecy was of such significance that the Fates themselves would deliver it. Since Artemis was involved, he swallowed his pride and begged some help for Artemis. They advised him to tell her to look for a Protector since monster attacks could only be warded off that way. The Fates agreed to do him a favor by assuring him that Artemis's Protector would be chosen by them as someone whose loyalty and selflessness would have no limits, albeit the Protector would be a male.

But there was one condition and one consequence. The condition being he would let fate take its course and he would not try to change it. The consequence would be the loss of the Protector and the change that would occur in the wake of loss. Seeing this as the only way to protect her daughter along with his subjects, he agreed to their terms. They were very determined to not tell what changes will occur. As soon as they left, he woke up.

Time skip to when the fates arrive in the throne room

"Phoebe Artemis, you shall take your leave at once and look for the Protector. Anything else is non-negotiable" declared the Fates. As Artemis flashed out, everyone was on the edge of their seats. It was not everyday that Fates themselves give a prophecy. Zeus was looking prideful as usual but from inside he was a nervous wreck. What was this prophecy and how deeply would it affect her daughter, he thought.

"Get ready for the prophecy" said Lachesis. They started speaking in unison again.

"A foreign legacy, the sea's son shall arrive.
In the Hunt's war, in their mind, shall the hero thrive
His heart is gold, his tales of loyalty shall never get old
As Giants rise, mighty at their pinnacle
The hero saves or loses all by his final miracle"

"Poseidon, you must leave, for the last lines are not for your ears" Clotho said in a stern voice to which Poseidon nods before flashing out.

"As he gets fatally hit, she shall release Moonlit
When the legend falls and the moon loses her love
To fight shall the hearth rise accompanied by the dove"

Pin drop silence ensued. Not a single deity even drew a breath. After about a minute of sitting like that, Atropos spoke "A piece of advice Olympians, treat the Protector of Artemis well, for he is chosen by us. The war will not take place within half a century. Make the Protector partially immortal. As it is, he is more powerful than the younger Olympians but train him further for he is your only hope. Fear not Olympians, for his fatal flaw is loyalty, our chosen Protector shall not let you down. Alas! We cannot help you further. Mother Ananke would be angry as it is." And with that, they flashed out.

Silence fell again. Everyone was wondering the same thing. Moon loses her love. Artemis had sworn off men because she deemed them unworthy, her coldness towards them increased after the Orion incident. Now when she finally finds someone, he dies later. Now they understand why Artemis was not allowed to hear it. First, she would deny then she would be broken. Moreover, her so-called 'love' was another son of Poseidon. What if he was like Orion.