Training to Strive: "There For You"

And if you feel you're sinking, I will jump right over
Into cold, cold water for you
And although time may take us into different places
I will still be patient with you
-----------------------------------------------------

5 years later
Percy POV

Sitting beside the campfire always brought about flashbacks. The last 5 years were great. Being with my sisters and best friend was all I could wish for. Artemis and I did everything together, from hunting to sleeping to eating to training. I was many times tempted to confess to her but decided against it. She was a maiden goddess and definitely wouldn't break her oath for me. Moreover, I could lose the only person I called my friend, not to mention my best friend. So I buried those feelings and was content on being friends.

I started thinking about my first month in the Hunt. We would share stories by the campfire at night and boy, did they love my cooking? We bonded like that and I am happy to say I became a brother to all the huntresses. I helped them train with close-range weapons and improve their archery, which they reluctantly agreed to, seeing I was better than Artemis. And no I was not bragging, I was threatened into accepting the fact by someone (read 'Apollo'). Then there was the time they discovered I could play the flute and thank gods that only one person knew I could sing as well.

FLASHBACK 

"Percy!" Zoe called out as I was sharpening arrows. "Percy, we are going to bathe in the nearby lake. It's been a long time since we took a bath in a lake together. So guard the campsite till we come back, will you? We won't be long. We will return in an hour at most" she explained. "Sure sister" I replied, looking at her and nodding before going back to the work in my hands.

Once I finished, I came out of the armory tent and saw that it was noon and the hunters and were gone only maybe 15 minutes. So after a drink of water, I decided to take out and play my flute. I didn't like additional attention hence I hadn't told the Hunt about my music skills and didn't mention the flute. Seeing that this was the first time I was by myself in the 4 weeks I was with the Hunt, I found a shady tree near to the camp, sat down, and started playing my flute.

BIG mistake. Now here is a compliment I was threatened with later~ I was very good with a flute, maybe even better than Apollo. Playing the flute since I was 4, I loved playing it. It always cleared my head and calmed my mind. Soon I lost myself playing it. I closed my eyes and put my soul into the instrument. I didn't realize how long I played but when I opened my eyes, the whole Hunt was standing, surrounding me with their jaws open, water still trickling down their hair after their bath. 

They had looks of pure ecstasy and surprise. Artemis had a strange look in her eyes which I couldn't figure out. After another minute of silence, it was Artemis who spoke. "Wow" she said in a mesmerized tone. I chuckled at their surprise. They continued to stand there until I cleared my thought, which jolted them out of their trance.

"Brother you could give Apollo a run for his money. But I am hurt, you could have told us" Zoe said, obviously hurt. Artemis had a similar look of betrayal. Immense guilt immediately took hold. I could never see my loved ones in pain.

"I am sorry. I just didn't want more attention. I will play whenever you want me to, okay?" I said, trying to make up. The Hunt nodded happily and went away, all except Artemis. She still looked hurt. That night, Artemis didn't stay by the campfire after dinner, where we would talk together. She went straight into her tent, without a word. I noticed and excused myself for the night as I went to the tent we shared. 

As I entered, she just gave me a betrayed look and went back to reading the book she held in her hand. "Missy, I am really sorry. I should have told you. I know I promised to have no secrets between us. Please forgive me this time" I apologized, approaching her and sitting beside her in another chair. She put her book down and looked at me angrily. "And what guarantee do I have that you won't keep things to yourself in the future?" she asked angrily. "I promise Missy. Okay here's a thing. I can also sing. I will sing to you as long as you don't tell the hunters. I don't want any more attention" I reasoned.