Chapter Nine- I want to be there.

~Echo's point of view~

Thursday and Friday were weird for me. Rick would come during the day, and Blaze Kane would be in my bed at night. Rick actually speaks to me. Blaze Kane just says goodnight, and we sleep. He has been really sweet before he leaves for work. My morning sickness has gotten a bit worse. He has gotten up an hour before his alarm both mornings to rub my back as I puke.

He just doesn't talk. I haven't heard more than a goodnight since Wednesday. I don't and won't push him. I would rather him hold me and be silent than to not touch me and wound me with his words. I won't ever forget the way he treated me. I can forgive him and move on. We can at least be friends now; I am still thoroughly confused, though.

It's Saturday. I was able to get up without waking him up this morning. I make my way downstairs. I make a cup of hot tea; that seems to calm my stomach. As I sit at the table and drink it, my phone vibrates.

~Text conversation~

Rick: "Good morning, Sweetheart. I hate not being able to be there today."

Echo: "We both made choices. I wish I would have known how you felt. It's too late now. We will have work. That is where we will have to keep it."

Rick: "I've talked Jade into staying home. Kelsea is on a separate floor, and so is Mickey. I know we won't ever have what we did Wednesday ever again. I will never forget it. I just need you in my life."

Echo: "I do too. I won't lie, Rick. I like the way things have been with Blaze Kane since I have been back here."

Rick: "That's a great thing, Echo. You're allowed to be happy. That is what I want for you."

Echo: "You can't ever leave my life. EVER."

Rick: "I would never."

Echo: "Promise?"

Rick: "With everything I have, Sweetheart."

~End conversation~

I hear someone on the steps. I know it's Kelsea. Both men are tall and decently built; they are loud coming down the stairs. I get up and make her a cup of coffee. I know how she drinks it. I set it on the table as she comes into the kitchen.

Kelsea: "Thank you."

Echo: "You're welcome."

Kelsea: "How are you feeling?"

Echo: "I got it out earlier. I'll be good the rest of the day. When the guys are up, I'll make breakfast."

Kelsea: "We should go to Lulu's."

Echo: "Ohhh, that sounds so good."

Kelsea: "Chicken and waffles."

Echo: "Yessss!"

Kelsea: "We have to talk the grumpy old men into it."

Echo: "So it's not just me?"

Kelsea: "Nope. I see it too. What's going on with you and Blaze Kane?"

Echo: "I don't know. We had a really good talk Wednesday. He asked me to come back. He sleeps in my bed, but we haven't said more than goodnight to each other since Wednesday. I'm confused, and my hormones are all over the place. One minute I want to cry, and the next I am content with the way things are."

Kelsea: "How is the emotional side of it?"

Echo: "It's hard, Kels. This is the hardest thing I ever have to do. The mental part is worse than the physical. I struggle with telling Chad; I'm going to. He has a right to know his child, but at the same time, I don't ever want to be alone with him ever again."