Chapter 1- Reunited

HYDRA Research Base- Sokovia, Eastern Europe

I was reunited with the Avengers. It's been three years since I last teamed up with them. After moving in with Steve, we had been staying in the newly rebuilt Avengers Tower(originally called Stark Tower before it was destroyed during the Battle of New York). The team and I were called in by Nick Fury to take down a HYDRA cell in Sokovia. A small country that was located somewhere in Eastern Europe.

I was riding in the back seat of a vehicle with Natasha Romanoff aka Black Widow and Clint Barton aka Hawkeye. Two of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best and most deadliest assassins and two of my closest friends. Natasha grunts and kicks a soldier who tried to climb onto the vehicle she was driving while I shoot blue blasts of energy at the soldiers and Clint fires his arrows.

I watch as Iron Man flies by us followed by Thor who uses his hammer to land on top of a platform and takes out four men. He then jumps down from the platform and continues to fight off more enemies.

Captain America zooms past us on his motorcycle and throws a man into the air after dragging him through the snow. Dodging the various blasts that were coming from the HYDRA agents, Steve throws his shield and it bounces off the heads of the soldiers, knocking them out. As he continues to cruise through the forest, followed by a blast of Thor's power, the Hulk jumps out and roars as he smashes everything in his path. Though everyone was in uniform, I only had on a black leather jacket, a dark maroon t-shirt, dark pants, black fingerless gloves, black combat boots and hanging around my neck was the arrow necklace Clint gave me a year ago for my birthday.

With the seven of us together, we all jump in the same direction and continued the fight on the ground. After taking out a couple soldiers, I was knocked down by an agent. He pins me to the ground and taking out his knife, his hand stops before he could stab me and the knife flies out of his hands.

Stand up! I command the soldier. He does what I tell him and after throwing a few punches and kicks, I fire a blast of energy at him and he flies backwards into a tree, knocking him out.

"I think you missed one." I flinch at the sound of Loki's voice and turn around to see him leaning against a tree. Hearing a twig snap, I quickly turn my head and fire a blast of energy at a soldier who was slowly coming behind me. He had his weapon drawn and instantly drops down to the ground after the blast hits him square in the chest.

"What do you want now, Loki?" I ask him.

"Just wanted to let you know you're getting closer to the scepter. I know you can sense it." Loki says.

"Yeah, so?" I say.

"You crave it's power." Loki says.