Chapter 10- Sacrifice

Will and I sit in the backseat of a car Clint drove while Natasha was in the passenger seat

Will and I sit in the backseat of a car Clint drove while Natasha was in the passenger seat. "I know what I need to do. The dining room." Clint says. "If I knock out that east wall, it'd make a nice workspace for Laura, huh? Put up some baffling. She can't hear the kids running around. What do you think?"

"You guys always eat in the kitchen anyway." Natasha says.

"No one eats in a dining room." Clint says. We reach the lifeboats. "We don't have a lot of time."

"So get your butts on a boat." Natasha says as the four of us get out of the car. Natasha finds the Hulk while Clint, Will and I make it onto the lifeboat. Will looks around the boat and turns his head when he hears a woman call out for her son.

"Costel! We were in the market. Costel!" The woman says. Will spots the woman's son hiding in a building. He sighs and hops off the rescue boat.

"Will. Where are you going?" I ask, seeing him run off the boat. He doesn't answer and heads for the boy.

"Thor, I'm gonna need you back in the church." Tony says.

"Is this the last of them?" Thor asks meeting Steve at the lifeboat.

"Yeah." Steve replies. "Everyone else is on the carrier."

"You know, this works, we maybe don't walk away." Tony says.

"Maybe not." Thor says.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Will finds the boy, Costel, and picks him up. "Come on, kid. Up you go." He says. I gasp when I see Ultron flying in a jet and preparing to shoot at them. I try to run off the ramp of the lifeboat but Clint stops me.

"No!" I shout. "Will!" Ultron starts shooting at them. He narrowly misses Thor and Steve as they duck for cover. Cradling the boy in his arms, Will turns and I close my eyes. I didn't want to see the bullets rip through Will's body while he was trying to save the boy. The bullets stop and everything becomes quiet. When I open my eyes, I see that both Will and the boy are fine, but not Pietro. Blood was coming out of his shirt from where the bullets pierced through his body.

Will looked surprised when he sees that he was still alive and his face immediately falls when he sees the blood seeping through his shirt. "You didn't see that coming?" Pietro asked. He falls to the ground and dies instantly. Placing my hand over my mouth, I sit on the ramp. I was relieved that Will and the boy were okay but was saddened about Pietro. Even though he fought on Ultron's side at first, he seemed like a pretty good kid. I ball a part of my jacket as tears streamed down my cheeks and place it into my mouth to prevent myself from screaming.