Chapter 11- New Avengers

A new Avengers facility has been built in upstate New York after we took down Ultron

A new Avengers facility has been built in upstate New York after we took down Ultron. We were all here, except Clint. He had retired from the team after the Battle of Sokovia and went back to be with his family. Both Laura and Clint had welcomed their third child and named him Nathaniel Pietro Barton. It was sweet how they wanted to honor Wanda's brother by giving his name as their son's middle name.

The Hulk went missing after the battle and we had no idea how to track him. I felt bad for Natasha because I knew how close she and Bruce were getting and it's always been hard for her to open up to someone else. Will has been staying at the facility since we got back. I know that he has to get back home because his parents called him wondering where he was.

We were walking down the hallway of the facility with Tony, Thor and Steve. "The rules have changed." Steve says.

"We're dealing with something new." Tony says.

"Oh, Vision is artificial intelligence." Steve says.

"A machine." I say.

"So, it doesn't count?" Steve asked.

"No, it's not like the person lifting the hammer." Tony says.

"Right, different rules for us." Steve says, pointing to himself and Thor.

"Nice guy. Artificial." Tony says.

"Thank you." Steve says.

"He can wield the hammer, he can keep the Mind Stone. It's safe with the Vision." Thor says. "And these days, safe is in short supply." We fall silent for a moment.

"But if you put the hammer in an elevator..."

I cut Will off. "It would still go up."

"Elevator's not worthy." Steve says.

Thor smiles. "I'm gonna miss these little talks of ours." He places his hand on my shoulder.

"Not if you don't leave." I say.

"I have no choice. The Mind Stone is the fourth of the Infinity Stones to show up in the last few years." Thor says. We walk outside. "It's not a coincidence. Someone has been playing an intricate game and has made pawns of us. And once all these pieces are in position..."

"Triple Yahtzee." Tony says.

"You think you can find out what's coming?" I ask.

"I do. Besides this one." Thor says, putting his hand on Tony's chest, making me laugh. "There's nothing that can't be explained." He pulls me aside before heading back to Asgard.

"If he does anything, you let me know." Thor says.

I briefly look at Will who was chatting with Steve and Tony and chuckle. "I will." I whisper back. I back away when the Bifrost opens up and Thor is beamed up into the sky. Once he was gone, a sigil was burned into the grass Thor was standing on.