Chapter 2- Home

My eyes turn blue when I take hold of the scepter

My eyes turn blue when I take hold of the scepter. I turn to Tony and point the scepter at him. "Kaitlyn, think about what you're doing. No! Stop!" Tony says. A blast of energy shoots out from the scepter and Tony jumps out of the way before it could hit him. I walk out of the room.

"Guys, we have a problem." Tony says into the comms.

"What is it?" Steve asks.

"It's Kaitlyn. She's taken the scepter. We need to stop her before she takes out this whole place." Tony says, running out of the room.

I was stopped by Steve as I walked down the hallway. "Kaitlyn, I know you're in there. I don't want to fight you. Just hand over the scepter." He says in a calm manner.

I point the scepter at Steve and fire a blast of energy at him. He lifts up his shield, the blast sends an amount of force into his shield, knocking him down a set of stairs that were in the base. I walk out of the base and see more HYDRA soldiers coming toward me. I continue to use the scepter to fire multiple blasts of energy at the soldiers while also throwing in a few punches and kicks.

I stop attacking the soldiers when Natasha jumps down in front of me. "I know you can fight this. You did it before and you can do it again." She holds out her hand. "Give me the scepter." I swing the scepter at Natasha but she ducks and grabs hold of the scepter. I send a wave of telekinetic energy towards her and she falls backwards into the snow.

Picking herself up quickly, Natasha tries to knock the scepter out from my hand by throwing in a few punches and kicks but I duck and block her using my force field. I send a blast of energy towards her but she does a flip and the blast hits a nearby tree. Natasha raises her right arm and using her Widow bracelet, she sends out a small disc towards me which sends an electrical shock through my body. I let go of the scepter and everything goes dark once I hit the ground.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a throbbing pain in my head when I wake up. I could hear the faint sound of opera music playing in the background and realized I was back on the jet when I saw Clint lying down on the bed next to me. He was hooked to an IV that kept him stabilized for the moment until we got back to the tower. I let out a soft groan as I slowly sat up and noticed Thor's red cape had been placed over me.

I looked over in the corner to see Bruce Banner with a pair of headphones on while Tony was up in the front piloting the jet. Steve walks over to me with a bottle of water and hands it to me. "Thanks." I say, taking the bottle of water.

"How are you feeling?" Steve asks, sitting down next to me.

"My head hurts." I say. I open the bottle of water and took a sip. "I feel like someone got inside my head again and messed with it."

"Do you remember what happened?" Steve asks.

"Only bits and pieces. It's strange, though. It's like I knew what I was doing but I couldn't stop myself. Kind of like what happened in New York a few years ago." I explain to Steve. "That girl. The one with the mind powers. She made me see things that weren't real."