Chapter 4- Together

Will and I immediately duck for cover as Steve kicks up a wooden table in the direction of the flying robot but is then pushed backwards to the ground

Will and I immediately duck for cover as Steve kicks up a wooden table in the direction of the flying robot but is then pushed backwards to the ground. Maria opens fire while Thor takes out one of the Iron Legions with his hammer. Tony and Rhodey go for their suits. A bot attacks Tony, slamming him into a bookcase and another attacks Rhodey, blasting him through a glass window.

"Rhodey!" Maria shouts. Thor smacks a robot as Clint slides away from the line of fire. Will, Dr. Cho and I were taking cover under a piano as we watched the Avengers fend off the robots. I turn to Will.

"Stay here!" I say, getting up.

Will shakes his head. "Okay."

Once I got out from under the piano, my hands start to glow blue and I fire blue energy blasts at the attacking robots. I notice one of the Iron Legion bots stealing the scepter and try to fire a blast of energy to stop it but the bot returns fire, the blow sending me into a wall. Steve jumps on the back of one of the legionnaires only for it to reverse in mid air, hitting a wall. He falls harshly to the ground.

Getting onto my knees, I crush the robots that were charging towards me with a wave of my hands. One of them grabs me, lifting me up into the air and after sending a blast of energy through the robot, I fall to the ground next to the piano. I feel a sharp pain in my right arm and see a piece of broken glass sticking out. I pull it out.

"Kaitlyn!" Will says. He crawls over to my side and sees the blood dripping down my arm. We look up to see a half broken robot coming towards us and it was about to shoot us when Steve grabs the robot. "Thor!" He shouts as he throws it away for Thor to hit it with his hammer.

"Hey, Cap!" Clint shouts. He throws Steve's red, white and blue shield towards him as he leaps into the air and catches it, slicing the last remaining Legionnaire in half. I notice Ultron looking at me and a strange feeling overcomes me as he slowly walks towards me.

"That was dramatic." Ultron says. "I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through. You want to protect the world but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" Ultron picks up one of the dismembered robots. "With these? These puppets." The tall robot towers over me as I back away from him. "There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction."

"...And I'm sorry, Kaitlyn, I wish your life didn't have to end so soon, but the power surging within you is too dangerous to keep around and I can't let you get in the way..."

BAM!

Thor's hammer hits Ultron and I duck as it hits the wall behind me. I quickly get up and hold onto my injured arm when Ultron starts singing. "I had strings, but now I'm free."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were gathered in Tony's lab. I sat on a table while Dr. Cho tended to my arm. "All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out. He used the Internet as an escape hatch." Bruce says.