Chapter 6- Farmhouse

The Quinjet lands outside a large farmhouse

The Quinjet lands outside a large farmhouse. When we walk out, I squint my eyes at the sunlight as Clint led us to his house. Clint had a stabling arm around Natasha while we made our way up the porch.

"What is this place?" Thor asks, looking around the farm.

"A safe house." Tony replies.

"Let's hope." Clint says, opening the door. We all enter the house. "Honey? I'm home."

A beautiful but heavily pregnant woman walks in from the kitchen. Clint walks over to his wife to greet her with a hug and a kiss. "Hi. Company. Sorry, didn't call ahead."

"This is an agent of some kind." Tony says.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura." Clint says, introducing Thor, Steve, and Tony to his wife.

"I know all of your names." Laura chuckles. Suddenly, we hear footsteps approaching. Clint's son and daughter, Cooper and Lila, come running into the room.

"Ooh. Incoming." Clint says.

"Dad!" Lila says, running into her dad's arms and hugging him.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Clint says, he kisses the top of his son's head when he comes to his side. "Hey, buddy! How are you guys doing?"

"These are smaller agents." Tony says.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat and Auntie Lynn?" Lila asks. Lynn is my nickname for Clint's kids. Whenever I would come to visit, Lila would have a hard time pronouncing my name, it would sound something like Katlynn, so she just ended up calling me Lynn since it was easier for her to pronounce.

"Why don't you hug them and find out?" Natasha says. Natasha and I step forward and we each give her a big hug.

"What up, Coop?" I say, giving Cooper a high five.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve apologizes to Laura.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were too busy having no idea that you existed." Tony says.

"Yeah, well, Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.'s files. I'd like to keep it that way." Clint says. "I figure it's a good place to lay low." Natasha and I walk over to Laura.

"Hi." I say, hugging Laura.

"It's been so long. You've gotten taller since I last saw you. How've you been?" Laura asks.

"I'm hanging in there." I say.

"Have you been taking care of yourself?" Laura asks. Since I'm close with Clint, Laura knows a little about my situation of what happened in New York and my interaction with Loki.

"Trying to." I reply.

"How's little Natasha, huh?" Natasha asks.

"She's...Nathaniel." Laura says.