Just not right

Though the whole thing had started promising, seeing how so many free subs were there and the first conversation starting off a good note... Something, just something was missing. With every new person that took a seat right across from Earth, the compatibility between him and the subs seemingly decreased - or better said, there was always either a big no or a red flag.

Subs that instantly wanted to start doing sessions, without a talk about soft and hard limits, expectations and safewords. Others that had switched their play partners 10 times in the last 6 months but the worst - some that were only on the lookout for a one time thing. Sure, that was a completely fine thing to do, Earth wasn't one to judge them on whether they liked to have a change in partners often, but then again: he was looking for the contrary here. Not a one night enjoyment, not someone he could have fun with for a couple times before they went their separate ways and did the same thing all over again. Sure, you never could be sure about what would happen but...

What Earth was really looking for was a long-term arrangement. Someone that valued the same depth of communication and that was compatible with him, someone he didn't just call up for the sessions but also have general contact with. It wasn't quite a romantic relationship he was looking for, but more someone he got along well with and that would generally have a good influence in his life. Working as an actor with sponsorships, advertisements and tv series was difficult enough, often leaving barely any time for himself at the end of filming or right before a new series was to air. He had so little time, that it was the more important they really were comfortable with each other and that he was understanding. Most people here knew how busy life could get sometimes, that there just were times when it wouldn't be easy to meet for a week or two... and to find ways to integrate the DS part of their relationship into daily life to give both a good feeling in this time apart. Difficult indeed.

Earth tried his best, he really did, to have good conversations. Asking the other people questions, inquiring what they were looking for... but when the host, Zee, finally announced a 15 minute break, he was quick to get up and walk over to Mew.

"Someone is not looking that happy," the older chuckled and crossed his arms.

"I think all of this was a waste of time... that were... how many people...?"

"hm 34? could have been 35. I didn't pay attention to you the whole time, " he stated as a matter of fact and both left the room, going to one of the bars in the club and getting a drink.

Mew ordered his usual wodka tonic while Earth settled on a tequila sunrise, hoping the bitter taste would wash away his exhaustion of the long day.

"I should have come after a day off... I might be an extrovert but I don't think something like this is suitable after 12h of shooting a drama... I kind of just want to go home, " Earth sighed, nibbling on his drink that apparently couldn't help his mood either.

"Hey... there are still some people left you have to meet. Who knows... maybe it will work better?"

Earth was so in trance staring at his drink that he missed the small smirk on Mew's face. As one of the watchers of the event, of course he had seen the attendance list, everyone who confirmed that they would participate in alphabetical order. All of them had shown up except for one, and Mew was sure if he were, that Earth's mood would skyrocket.

Once they had finished their drinks both men split up, Mew quickly going back to the speed-matching room while Earth took his time to go t the bathroom, calming down a little and letting cold water run over his wrists, something he often did when feeling nervous or overwhelmed.

Fifteen minutes later he walked back into the room, sitting down on his spot and looking around the room a little. Out of the probably 50 doms that had been present in the beginning, 19 seemed to have left this far - he wasn't sure though if with or without another person. But most of the men and women, spanning an age range from their early twenties to their beginning fourties, were still there. Some appeared on a similar exhaustion level as himself, but there were a few who still had a cheerful expression, using the break to chat with each other and have conversations.