Fate?

Guess what, I will continue this <3

sorry that the update is so short, I wrote this together because I really wanted to publish a continuation after reading the first chapters. I'll see what I can do to get another chapter out this week

_______________________________________

After the round of introductions and some announcements for the exact schedule, all of the main production members left the stage, heading backwards. Earth made sure to leave the stage last, but was surprised when Mix had apparently waited for him and now was walking right beside the older.

"Do I have to look out for more stunts like earlier, " Earth raised an eyebrow, glancing over at Mix.

"Hmmm..."

It was obvious Mix wasn't actually thinking, the sparkles in his eyes too obvious for Earth to mix, but he still didn't rush for an answer and anyway - after having made the acquaintance of Mix' character, he would likely prepare himself for these things to become a common occurrence.

"If it was overstepping..."

"Don't worry, " Earth quickly interjected, surprised by the sudden change of mood in Mix voice and demeanor, " I think it was a good idea to show all the other actors our enthusiasm for the project. They should see that we will give our best so they can develop the same love for this project as we have."

Barely noticeable, Earth could sense Mix' shoulder relax - something so minor any other person would have likely missed it entirely. Earth was generally a perceptive person, but always had been unsure whether it developed while being or becoming or dom, or if it was a characteristic that just helped him naturally feel drawn to being a dom. Some would have argued, but for Earth being able to observe even little changes in your sub, seeing what influenced the other beyond admitting to it with words, could easily help being a better dom and preventing bad sitituation from happening.

They split up after this, Mix giving him a last wave before disappearing in the other room, while Earth continued his way to the second auditioning hall.

.

.

.

.

"Short night Phi?"

Earth lifted the hand off his eyes that had been massaging his nose bridge for the last five minutes, to find the smiling figure of the Writer, P'Yvy in front of him. She sat down, long fuchsia red hair flowing over her shoulder,  and placed a little plate and a coffee mug in front of him. Small appetizers neatly placed one another - and a coffee that look dark enough for earth to even go sleepless for a whole night. His brows furrowed softly, unsure about the nice gesture when this had really been the first time he had ever met the young woman.

"thank you very much Nong, " he waiied politely and gave her a dashing, but slightly tired smile, before starting to sip on the coffee.

Sure, castings had been hell - even worse than the tremendous hours one would spend on filming days - but Earth had never experienced a regime as tight as the one that day. Groups of 5 people would come in every 10min, being allowed to present a small acting scene of up to 2min while the staff and Earth alike, took notes to determine who would or would not make it to the second round. He had felt completely drained after hour 2, but now - 4 hours into the first casting round and at their first break - he definitely was inwardly cursing himself for contemplating so long last night and the lack of sleep he had to endure this with.

"If you don't mind... there is something I am curious about, " Earth asked after a while, most of the staff members sitting in different places and resting themselves, while the young woman was sipping on a hot choco and eating a handfull of chocolate chip cookies.

She gave him a soft smile and an encouraging nod, motioning him to ask ahead - whatever he was curious about. And there had been a lot of them swirling around in his head, keeping him awake last night.

"The casting... how come Mix and I ended up here?"

Instead of surprise, that he had expected, her face turned into a mysterious smile - reminding him a little too much of Mix' expression that evening in the restaurant, when he had asked about the background check. She looked around for a moment before motioning him to follow her, getting up and slowly walking out of the room. Earth followed a couple steps behind her, surprised when she stopped on the empty terrace of the mall - an exclusive one for this event location.

" I started working on this project... maybe 6 years ago..., " She started, a smile on her face while she looked  at the bustling city around the mall, " It was small, only a couple chapters had been posted on an online novel platform - but no one was really reading it."

She let out a soft sigh and looked over her shoulder, directly at Earth before continuing:

" I felt discouraged to continue... wasn't sure if what I was writing was even good enough. It wasn't the first thing I was writing online, but none of my stories had been published really - though I still question myself to this date. I had always wanted to be a writer, but becoming one was difficult, and being able to live off your art almost impossible. I put the story on hold, thinking that maybe one day the time would come that people actually would like it... but around 5 years ago I received an E-mail from someone, complimenting my work and saying how much they had loved it. That person wrote how nice they felt the story was, that they found the emotions very deep and pure and they wished to see if become a series one day. I replied, very happy and grateful for such feedback, unsure how to thank them as they had ignited my excitement to continue the story. Well... after an exchange of some mails between us, this person asked that when this story gets adapted, to please contact him since he would love to take part in the series, however small that may be. He left his name and..."

"You are trying to say..."

Earth looked at her, eyes wide in surprise, brows furrowed and completely flabbergasted at the revelation. He took a minute, trying to collect his thoughts, trying to put together a coherent question or answer.

"So... Mix Sahaphap Wrongratch, contacted you 5 years ago, praised the story and you continued it because of this. Wanting to honour him he asked to be contacted once this gets adapted.... and now he is playing one of the Main Characters?, " he asked in disbelief.

"I looked him up back then, before any of the historical scenes had been written - discovering his first two acting projects and deciding that I wanted Dao to be like him. I became a little of a ..." she looked away slightly embarassed , " fangirl of him and incorporated more and more information of the real person into this fictional persona of Dao. Especially that interview back then, when he talked about his love..."

Earth stopped in his tracks, tripping over the information and remembering this video that had kicked all the speculations on whether or not Mix and him were dating...

"I remember that scene. The words are almost exactly the same as in his confession scene later in the story...."

"When I read that part, well even before that, I knew I had to be the one acting as Dao, " a voice answered, making both Earth and Ivy turn around. There, in the sliding door opening stood Mix - looking almost as tired as Earth had felt mere minutes ago, before the coffee had saved him.

"I wish we could continue this conversation, I'm quite curious myself to hear all the details of the book ... but I sadly am here to take you back for the second part of the first audition...."

Mix looked similarly enthusiastic as Earth felt inside, knowing that by now they should already be moving on to the second round, but rather were only halfway through due to the immense amount of applications... which would add at least one more day to the auditions and with that shorten the time between auditions and the begin of the workshop.